4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 5:42 am

Any off-roading on the Sunday?
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 am

Hi guys, really gutted, the DVLA have not released my license. Got to jump thru a few more hoops. Hope you have a great weekend.

Better get it back before June cos I've booked the ferry.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 9:50 am

Shame mate, that's life. See you tomorrow folks.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 4:36 am

Well we just had a great chill weekend, with tuggy erica, russ denise, dave sophie + tom.
at cannock chase, just a lazy couple of days.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 6:00 am

yes very chillaxed...and a great sunday lunch before we left...
ok thanks to everybody who made it...watch out for further dates for camping..... thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Dave10101
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 am

Thanks for you company guys (& girls). Hope you made it back safely or are having an enjoyable trip home? See you at Landy Live where it's hopefully a little warmer!
Now, time to iron those little annoying faults out...

Dave & Sophie.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 9:17 pm

Ditto, only I can't for the life of me see how you Dave could find any "little annoying faults". Your 90 really was well sorted, very nice indeed.  thumbsup 

Just to let you know - 'No Neck' (Lee) is now recuperating BTW, although reckon doner kebabs and fried brekkies are now off the menu. For him that's a truly a life sentence!

PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 Ao12_110
Back to top Go down
Dave10101
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Lol, Little annoying faults in that the new cooker takes over 5 minutes to boil a cup of water - 5 minutes came & went & we got tired of waiting.
Also fully loaded up the Landy is a few CM's lower on the back than the front - a couple of spring spacers should sort this without going the other way when unloaded.

Oh, and create more storage.

Dave.
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Dave10101 wrote:
Lol, Little annoying faults in that the new cooker takes over 5 minutes to boil a cup of water - 5 minutes came & went & we got tired of waiting.
Also fully loaded up the Landy is a few CM's lower on the back than the front - a couple of spring spacers should sort this without going the other way when unloaded.

Oh, and create more storage.

Dave.

dave more storage = more weight....... scratching chin 
Back to top Go down
Dave10101
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 am

More storage for helium balloons  clapping 

The Engel fridge needs to be higher so I can store probably a couple of wolf boxes under it. (basically to always allow the fridge to be opened without loosing a lot of space or covering the fridge over).

Looked at some pre made shelving but the price they wanted was far too high, so I can make the same if not better suited to my needs for around £40 + a few hours labour.

So, a little competition, who is going to use the most ££'s in Diesel (or unleaded/LPG) to get to Bad Kissingen from the U.K?

I think I can do it for £210 diesel each way... Almost 700 miles each way.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 4:35 am

Dave, check out the PANELS section here - www.omnia-cs.co.uk They attended a motorhome show a couple of years ago promoting their lightweight (nay ... featherweight) panels only 15mm thick yet super strong. They also had flooring, I think approx. 25mm or 30mm thick, again very strong.

When finally getting around to furnishing the RR ambulance-come-camper, I am seriously considering using these panels for the cupboards, etc. Could also build the entire bed and seating from this material, would save an incredible amount of weight.

As for Bad Kiss, that will be interesting. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 6:11 am

Hi, still gutted I missed the weekend.

Dave, try the air helpers, they worked great on the 130 demountable.  You can adjust manually when running light and they prevent roll if your load centre is high.  http://www.air-lift.co.uk/product.php?unique_id=1415

As for BK (license permitting) I'll be lucky to get change out of £650,

Tuggy, just noticed your up for the big 60 soon  cheers1
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:22 am

twende wrote:
Hi, still gutted I missed the weekend.

Dave, try the air helpers, they worked great on the 130 demountable.  You can adjust manually when running light and they prevent roll if your load centre is high.  http://www.air-lift.co.uk/product.php?unique_id=1415

As for BK (license permitting) I'll be lucky to get change out of £650,

Tuggy, just noticed your up for the big 60 soon  cheers1

59...next year is the party... clapping 
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:18 am

Was going to take Aleasha to alton towers, but cost was £140 pounds, even though Dilys would not be going on any rides and me only 2-3, what a rip off, so went to Blackpool to see daughter and go on central pier, had a good day their instead.  clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 am

£140...thats ridiculous............ stupid 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE   PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PRE SEASON CAMPING SPRING SLADE CANNOCK CHASE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2