4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Insurance for the landy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wanderlust4ever
Rookie
Rookie

Insurance for the landy Empty
PostSubject: Insurance for the landy   Insurance for the landy EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:23 am

Planning a RTW trip, and was wondering if anbody has any information where i can get some insurance for my landrover
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for the landy   Insurance for the landy EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 am

can you let me know to as well it's that time of life Wink
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for the landy   Insurance for the landy EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 8:33 am

General rule of thumb is that an insurance company will not insure a vehicle outside he country it operates in. OK in the EU your standard fully comp will cover you for at least the legal minimum insurance in other EU countries plus a few additional other countries such as Norway, Switzerland etc. Check for geographical limitations on back of your certificate.

Other countries you normally buy insurance as you enter the country. You would have to check for each individual country.

Remember take a car out of EU you may well need a carnet. Check the RAC website.

Remember to be legal abroad you need to be legal in country of registration, i.e. tax/mot etc

HTH

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for the landy   Insurance for the landy EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 am

While I agree with what Brendon says regarding the legality of your vehicle while travelling out of the EU it is possible to buy insurance (3rd party only ) at the border. Campbell Irvine or Lockton insurance companies at a price will insure you for ALL RISKS.

We have in the past used Lockton but the cost is now huge for all risks, we buy compulsary insurance at the borders when available.

Margaret
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insurance for the landy   Insurance for the landy Empty

Back to top Go down

Insurance for the landy
Page 1 of 1