4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

What Optional Kit Do You Carry

Go down 
+9
graeme
Biodoctor
Admin
Tom Mc
rustyrhinos
tuggy
roamingman
Vixen
Assassin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

What Optional Kit Do You Carry Empty
PostSubject: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 pm

In addition to the normal off roading kit for those venturing into the wilderness for a day, what additional or luxury kit do you carry?

I have my sustinance kit, this comprises two 12v kettles, petrol stove, cups, coffee, frying pan and saucepan, and my cooler box. Inside the cool box is the ice packs covered by a layer of polystyrene foam to stop things freezing, milk, bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tin of tomatoes, salt, and a number of other niceties. Do i care if i get stuck? no, put the kettle on petal while i get cooking.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:23 pm

^^^^^ that sounds like me. Gotta have food and a cuppa Very Happy

But also my camera.....always have the camera Cool
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:48 am

Not really a wilderness up here in North East Scotland, but while thier is snow around allways a small cooker kettle cups tea suger milk and water, no real problem on getting stuck it is other stupid censored who go out with no idea how to drive in snow and on less than 2"" of snow block the roads so end up in a trafic jam sitting for houres sometimes, becaous of stupid mad councils not prepiered and allways say next year it will be better, (but it never happens).
Rant over

Used to be HGV driver going all over Europe so allways had tea making equipment. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 am

totally agree,,,brew kit and some food for even a day out,,,,,,i keep a box in the back as well,,,, and i have my fitted kitchen on the back door,,,,so civilised,,,,

What Optional Kit Do You Carry Picsoffroad132-1
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 9:12 am

If I was going out for a day? Few cans of coke and a pack of crisps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

A cuppa seems to be a recurring theme around here, I'll drink to that! cheers1 Well, no clinking tea cups smilie, so it's the next best thing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 pm

If it is a heavily wooded area i will throw the small chainsaw in with its box and kit, got me out of many scrapes over the years.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Wey hey, I've found one! Especially for you Yoda, Assassin, Tuggy, Vixen ... clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://4x4overlandtravel.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks looks goooooooooooooood clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:12 am

Sorry, that cup is not large enough, but nice try.
Back to top Go down
Biodoctor
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 am

-

Last edited by Biodoctor on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
graeme
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 am

depending on how long i`ll be gone for [ 1 day or more ] i generally throw in some high calorey snacks , choccy , bickys and lots of drinks . even if its just a long weekend away and not to far off the main roads .
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:41 am

Spare woman, just in case I get a puncture in the original!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
graeme
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Spare woman, just in case I get a puncture in the original!!! Twisted Evil

now if you were carrying your punture repair kit , you would`nt one would you . Laughing
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:59 am

When on an overland trip I wouldn't have thought food and drink were optional extras - more like necessities.

Optional extras are passengers and surplus to requirements

How far away is the nearest shop??????

Margaret
Back to top Go down
graeme
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 5:01 am

gemini wrote:
When on an overland trip I wouldn't have thought food and drink were optional extras - more like necessities.

Margaret

the choccy and bickys are optional , as they are not essential .just a luxury item .
as for drinks you can get by with water , but some times a can of coke just hits the spot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alinawatson38
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Well its just depending on how long ! If its to much long than I can be come in that otherwise I can't be shift comfortably !
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:03 am

gemini wrote:

Margaret

Has been the best part of 400 klicks for me to the nearest shop on a trip so pack food - plenty of it

Luxury would be reading matter. Hate being without a book or two

Other essential - loo paper

Back to top Go down
vikash91mehta
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:08 pm

For kids I would like to carry theirs favorite things like clothes, favorite subjects & specially Games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Optional Kit Do You Carry   What Optional Kit Do You Carry Empty

Back to top Go down

What Optional Kit Do You Carry
Page 1 of 1