4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Humperdinck
Rookie
Rookie

Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa Empty
PostSubject: Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa   Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:40 am

Hi -

Pleased to find this forum! I'm gearing up to leave the UK and drive down to Africa (West Coast route), down to Namibia and then up to Kenya in my Land Rover Defender. I plan to leave April 2014 (but, heck, it could slip).

So apart from picking brains, from Africa veterans, I'm so far solo ... maybe someone knows someone who'd like to come along? Equally interested in pairing up with another vehicle for parts of the route.

I've got a website and blog up and running. It covers the trials and tribulations of getting everything ready, and bits and pieces on what I've learned from previous trips. I hope you'll take a look for "africality.com" or it has it's own page on Facebook

Humperdinck
Back to top Go down
http://www.africality.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa   Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:10 pm

Welcome to yourself and 'The Beast'. cheers 

Yes you're right, it isn't cheap kitting out an expedition vehicle, although the knowledge on here can certainly help point you in the direction of some of the better kit out there, often at the right price.

You'll learn shedloads from Sheelah & Oyvind - Kapp 2 Cape: Nordkapp to Cape Agulhas starting Oct 2012 within the CURRENT - Overland Trips & Expeditions section of this forum - who attempted more or less the same journey as you last year - well, except for their intended goal of starting from the Northernmost past of Europe where heavy snow prevented further progress. They set off from ADVENTURE OVERLAND 2012 and, apart from the freezing conditions in Norway, all was going well in Morocco until heading south it all kicked off in Mali. Rather than being sucked into the conflict, they opted on a shipping container direct to RSA ... and who can blame them?

Troubled times at the mo in NW Africa (when has it been any different???) so plan wisely!
Back to top Go down
Humperdinck
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Thanks Tom!   Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi Tom, Thanks for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.africality.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa   Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa Empty

Back to top Go down

Newcomer headed on extended journey to Africa
Page 1 of 1