4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Just dropped in to say Hi.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sundowners
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

Just dropped in to say   Hi. Empty
PostSubject: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:31 am

Hi
we have been in the Land Rover world for some years, and now run a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor, and de-mountable camper.
We bought the truck in Texas and the camper in Oklahoma-----with this outfit we have done the whole of Route 66, and crossed the Arctic Circle in Alaska---------we have just returned from a trip to Northern Norway/Sweden and Finland-------we don't expect to go far beyond Europe now.
Sundowners

Last edited by sundowners on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SafariDude
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
SafariDude

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:43 am

Hi Sundowners - welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the web thumbsup 

Would love to see some of your pics from what sound like amazing trips ! Make us jealous with pics of your truck too Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.alternativeafricanadventures.co.uk/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:44 am

Hi Sundowners, an official welcome from yours truly! cheers 

Now let me see, who do I know with a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor and de-mountable camper? Mmmmm, that's a hard one. Will you be at Billing BTW? If nothing else you'll meet up with some old faces (some older than others!!!) and it's be an excuse to have a sherbet or three.  

Nearly forgot, for most the forrum software doesn't allow you to post photos or URL's until half a dozen or so posts, so you'll have to be patient. That said, I've seen newbies post photos instantly. Obviously know their way around a PC ... that's you snookered then! Razz 
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 8:35 am

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups 

be nice to read about your travels.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
sundowners
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Hi Sundowners, an official welcome from yours truly! cheers 

Now let me see, who do I know with a Dodge 3500 4x4 truck with the 5.9 Cummins motor and de-mountable camper? Mmmmm, that's a hard one. Will you be at Billing BTW? If nothing else you'll meet up with some old faces (some older than others!!!) and it's be an excuse to have a sherbet or three.  

Nearly forgot, for most the forrum software doesn't allow you to post photos or URL's until half a dozen or so posts, so you'll have to be patient. That said, I've seen newbies post photos instantly. Obviously know their way around a PC ... that's you snookered then! Razz 

hi Tom
we have not been to a Landy event for years-----we have come across some 'old' faces in other worlds.
We have been more involved in the motorhome/RV circuit.--------Now just on the edge of it, getting a bit 'same old-same old'Crying or Very sad ----now creeping into the travelling world-----not that travelling is new to us:lol:------we just have more time for it now--- one advantage of getting old---and enjoy travelling with our outfit:D so exploring more of Europe-------will re-visit Maroc this winter if things allow, but we love to spend time in Portugal in the winter------we used to spend a lot of time there before we got heavily involved in Land Rovers:D 

It will be great to catch-up when we meet-up in Sept.

Nigel & Pamala-----------Sundowners  
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:22 am

I still haven't made it to Portugal (broke down on the way there last time), then again I have still got to tick off the Sierra Nevada mountains in SE Spain. Hopefully soon.

Yep, we'll meet up soon, got some catching up to do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just dropped in to say Hi.   Just dropped in to say   Hi. Empty

Back to top Go down

Just dropped in to say Hi.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: New to the forum? Then this is the section to say hello!-
Jump to: