4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

London to Mongolia 2007

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

London to Mongolia 2007 Empty
PostSubject: London to Mongolia 2007   London to Mongolia 2007 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Thought I would do a seperate thread for each trip...

We are Team Rustyrhinos, aka Alex and Adam

In 2007 we drove from London to Ulan Bataar, Mongolia. 8000 miles completed in about 3.5 weeks in a Suzuki SJ410. For preparation, the route blog, pictures and videos see http://www.rustyrhinos.com/mongolrally07/index.html.

You can click on the banner at the top to go to the main home page to see our other trips.

Feel free to comment or ask anything Smile

London to Mongolia 2007 DPP_0134_resize

London to Mongolia 2007 DPP_0128_resize
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
OffroadingBoyo
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
OffroadingBoyo

PostSubject: Re: London to Mongolia 2007   London to Mongolia 2007 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:16 am

"you came in that thing? Your braver than I thought !!!!"

lol

Well done !

Was this your first overland trip?
Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: London to Mongolia 2007   London to Mongolia 2007 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:25 am

Hehe, yup. It was literally falling apart by the end of it...cost us £300 and was a rust bucket. Towards the end the body was cracking, chassis was breaking, all shocks died, had 7 leaf spring breaks, steering was shot - we reeally were keeping our fingers crossed for the little thing to make it! Sold it in Mongolia for £500 - proceeds to charity...can't be bad!

Yup, was our first overland trip (other than driving around in Corsica and I have drove about in Thailand which I don't really count as they were tame).

Will deffo go to Kazakhstan and Mongolia again, was superb, recommend it to anyone. Perhaps I will do it on a round-the-world trip (i.e England-->Candada-->Russia--->Mongola--->Kazakhstan--->Ukraine-->Europe)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London to Mongolia 2007   London to Mongolia 2007 Empty

Back to top Go down

London to Mongolia 2007
Page 1 of 1