4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Forum newbie - Hertfordshire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Terracould
Rookie
Rookie

Forum newbie - Hertfordshire Empty
PostSubject: Forum newbie - Hertfordshire   Forum newbie - Hertfordshire EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:28 am

scratching chin Hi guys,
My passion is overland travel, my vehicle of choice is a Hyundai Terracan 2005 2.9 16v CRDI (163 - J3)

I have joined here to try and identify parts channels and after market suppliers because the support for this vehicle is limited to say the least!

Hyundai seem to have missed a trick here, if they produced the vehicle and sold it in large enough numbers across the world surely there is a market to supply the hallowed enthusiast with spares at reasonable prices!

I have driven about 100,000 miles in mine so far since 2007 when I bought it and have learned plenty about franchise pricing of service items and the quality of the plastics in the car. I have overcome many faults purely by being careful with the diet of lubricants I feed it and insisting on adding Redex Diesel treatment to supermarket fuel. But hey cheers I still love it like a part of the family.

Part of my job is to arrange sporting holidays for people from across the world, usually fishing for Trout and Salmon around the UK, but also other game species in Brazil and Europe. So my little truck gets about a bit!

I look forward to finding out more about my ball and chain and also meeting some of you guys.

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Forum newbie - Hertfordshire   Forum newbie - Hertfordshire EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 am

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups

their are a few people on here that will be able to help, am sure they will be along soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Forum newbie - Hertfordshire   Forum newbie - Hertfordshire EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Hi Terracould (like it!) - welcome! cheers

"surely there is a market to supply the hallowed enthusiast with spares at reasonable prices!"

My experience with most manufacturers is once they get your money, the word 'enthusiast' really doesn't exist in their vocabulary. They really don't think the same way as we do, for whereas enthusiasts often hanker for the old days/old models/old ways - basically nostalgia - 9 times out of 10 the manufacturers are looking forwards, rarely back.

Understandalbe in many ways, but one should never forget one's roots ... should one? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum newbie - Hertfordshire   Forum newbie - Hertfordshire Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum newbie - Hertfordshire
Page 1 of 1