4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Recognition at events

Go down 
+5
iveco4x4
wideformat4x4
Assassin
roamingman
twende
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

Recognition at events Empty
PostSubject: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 am

Here's one for you Tom. When we are planning to meet at various events on this forum, we get there and!!!! how do we recocognise each other stupid So, how about you design some kind of Baseball cap with a Forum logo and offer them for sale. It would beat all of us walking around trying to phone each other.

Just a thought, sorry if this has already been done Embarassed
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 am

Sounds like a good idea, clapping some thing to reconise people, but sorry i will not ware base ball cap. clinking teacups

Last edited by roamingman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 am

It sounds more like the Mason's, dodgy handshake anyone.

Get transfer paper for your printer and a cheap T shirt and do a design with your name on and iron it onto your T shirt.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:24 am

Can't we just carry a copy of the Daily Mail under one arm Very Happy

Or failing that carry a can of lager it seems to work for Tom lol!
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:21 am

Don't do baseball caps or the Daily Mail

Just look for the guy cooking moroccan food next door to a 3.5 metre tall yellow Iveco

and drinking real ale.......

Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:03 am

Not a massive fan of either too
So real ale it is then or moorish coffee thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 pm

An awkward one. It used to be easy as up until recent times I always booked a Trade Stand at shows (this would act as a focal point to anyone attending), but a combination of excessive pitch fees and the fact I need to roam about anyway to meet traders and clubs now makes being tied down to a fixed location impractical.

I suppose I could always walk around with an umbrella in the air like a tour guide in Piccadilly Circus, alternatively I could wear a 120lb backpack, radio and union flag like the Marines did when yomping across the Falklands!

Recognition at events Falkla10

Don't know what the answer is, as although on the face of it a baseball cap seems like a decent idea, as you can see not everyone would wear one. Think mobiles are the only way.

Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Okay guys, you've just answered it yourselves! I'll just look for the comedians walking round the show lol!
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 pm

a wooly hat...... idea
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Hmmm...well faced this problem meeting up with everyone planning the N.E. Morocco trip. I laid out maps and a Morocco Overland book in the pub we were meeting at so those arriving could flag me as a forum member.

I think hats, or t-shirts are fine for those that want them but as obvious, we each have different tastes in clothes. Another idea would be a cloth badge you could just stitch on to whatever article of clothing you do like wearing to shows. From my few attendences, alot of guys seems to have a 'uniform' they wear to shows.

Another idea would be a sign or logo people could put up at their campsite or trade stand that we would all recognize, so as you wander around you can spot the members and introduce yourself.

For me, Tembo (my 110) is fairly recognizable and I was thinking of a little signboard I could plonk on the bonnet wherever he sits at shows (in the parking area, campground or elsewhere). When I attended the first Overland show last year I was searching around for some sign of who was in the club and spotted a few vehicles that looked familiar but was never sure, being new on here.
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 9:18 pm

I tend to fly the Twende flag so that I can find my way back to the truck from the beer tent cheers1
Recognition at events Flag15
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:41 am

tuggy wrote:
a wooly hat...... idea
That'll be great in the summer ... not! There's always one. stupid

So ... who is any good at producing logos? The idea of a stitch-on/iron-on badge makes perfect sense, providing it stands out. A good logo would also work on an ensign, so whether a small version on a radio aerial or a big'un flying way up high, it would work. If it's too fussy, it won't.

The colour is just as important. How about sticking to the forum colour which is bright green? In embroidery form (or print I would suppose) this could be in a fluorescent-type or luminous green, which again would stand out especially on drab-coloured clothing.

Who can produce a logo?
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:51 am

Are we talking something on the vehicles now or still personal identification, never seen a vehicle with a Woolley hat lol
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:58 am

Both! There's no reason a window or bumper sticker couldn't be produced in the goodness of time.

A simple way of identifying fellow members of a 4x4 club a while back was to cable-tie an old CD to their grilles, that worked a treat. Trouble is we couldn't do that, we'd look right numptys with a CD dangling from a woolly hat! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
twende
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
twende

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:00 am

Now we're getting down to the nitty gritty idea

You have such a varied audience so I don't believe for one moment there will be an agreement as to the content of the logo. So, we all put our bit in and you Tom make the choice 😕

For me there needs to be a 4x4 reference, obviously in light green, and as for the background how about something Global to show the travel aspect of the Forum?
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:06 am

Makes sence I can produce either a 3mm foamex plaque or adhesive stickers if needed I will get my studio guy to see what he can come up with next week
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:51 am

Sounds like a plan coming together, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 pm

From little acorns ...

I'll trawl the net later today to see if I can come up with some super duper logo-making software.
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:48 pm

How about a bright green wooly hat with a clip for yer beer can/glass of wine depending on your tipple. idea
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:12 pm

an image of the earth.......on a back ground...
idea
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:18 pm

I might have a crack at a design...the missus is now overseas for a couple of weeks so have lots of time on my hands...and you know what they say about idle hands....
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 6:51 am

Good man. I've been looking at software and free downloads but nothing that suits so far. The thing is it doesn't have to be anything too fancy, just the name of the forum and the website. The bright green I feel stands out okay in front of the drab, brown background.

I already have this square logo ...

Recognition at events 4x4_ov11

... which is okay, but I can picture this looking a whole lot better if it was round, obviously like the shape of the planet.

If you can find some software to make it, I can email the old world map background to you, plus the name of the font used.

Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 am

Just use that then, transfer it into a file on its own, get some transfer paper, print the design onto it, then iron it onto a T shirt; job done.

Transfer paper for printers is about £6.99 for a pack of 20 sheets.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 am

N0 ... definitely want it round, it has to look better. Even better if the background map could be made to 'fold around' the globe. This is simple with the right software. Once saved as a round logo, it can then be used for all manner of items.

Besides, whoever's heard of a flat, square world? Wink
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Besides, whoever's heard of a flat, square world? .......... thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recognition at events   Recognition at events Empty

Back to top Go down

Recognition at events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next