4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hiya Everyone

Go down 
+2
roamingman
marjal
6 posters
AuthorMessage
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Just saying hello as a newby, currently running a 110 defender, spending most of our winters in Spain.
The port of Almeria not to far away Morocco is part of our winters.
Since the excelent Overland Show we are keener than ever having met so many like minded folk.
Thanks to Jason and Tom for the help finding us in Cyber Land.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:58 am

Hi and welcome, thats what it is all about traveling and having fun. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Thanks   Hiya Everyone EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:07 am

Couldnt agree more, not to clued up on forum's still trying to find my way around.
Back to top Go down
videoman
Rookie
Rookie

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:27 am

Hi and welcome from another relatively new member to the forum.

Your lucky spending most of your winters in Spain as we lived in Tenerife for a few years and still miss the sun here in winter.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:01 am

An official welcome from yours truly! cheers

Almeria eh? Coincidentally I just had a text last night from a French mate of mine who lives roughly midway between Perpignan and Andorra, to say ...

"F censored the economy, I'm off to Almeria, heading over to Morocco to follow the sun". He's mad a March hare, well he's gotta be as he runs a P38 Range Rover, but a good bloke nevertheless. Think he was hoping that I'd say, "Great idea, I'll drop everything and join you!", only time-wise (not to mention lack of funds) it was never going to happen.

Met him in a motorway services when I had vehicle problems in the Pyrenees one year, he came to the rescue by insisting that my daughter Bonnie and myself stay overnight at his place and sort out the motor in the morning. Well, after four bottles of wine in the early hours (did I mention he's French) we did sort out the wagon - in the afternoon!

If you fancy joining him on a little jaunt to Morocco marjal, or anyone else for that matter, I know he'd be up for it?

A P38, what is the man thinking about??? scratch

Hiya Everyone Landy_36

Back to top Go down
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Marjal - welcome! Nice bunch of people here, so I am sure you'll feel most welcome and right at home!

If you've made it to Spain already (not sure when you think Winter has started and so need to head to Spain) let us know. We are on the road and heading generally in that direction. Perpgnan is the plan today, but timescales keep changing, so can't make any promises as to when we might be able to find you near Almeria ... not too long though, need the sun Sad

Tom - definitely off to meet your mad French friend!

kind regards
African Arctic GirlChild
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for the welcoms   Hiya Everyone EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 am

Thanks for the welcoms, Tom i've plenty of experience with the falling down water and the French and just another one for the road thingy, these days it takes me a week to sort myself out again Ha Ha.
GirlChild, october till about april sounds about right for a winter period, every october half of Northern Europe heads south
for the winter, the Spanish Press usualy have the headlines the Snow Birds are Coming, currently we're just south of Alicante and it's a bit like being in Holland or Germany as we're surounded by Dutch and German caravans and campervans.
Rgds
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 am

Hello & welcome to the forum. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hiya Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hiya Everyone   Hiya Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hiya Everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: New to the forum? Then this is the section to say hello!-
Jump to: