4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

New Morocco Wannabe

Go down 
+3
roamingman
Tom Mc
videoman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
videoman
Rookie
Rookie

New Morocco Wannabe Empty
PostSubject: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum but have been lurking for a few weeks. I have had a desire to visit Morocco for about ten years now for some strange reason and earlier this year purchased a L/R D2 to tow a twin axle caravan. This has now given me the opportunity to visit but unfortunately the wife is not really interested and I cannot justify at this moment in time driving my D2 down on my own due to fuel and ferry costs.

As I am self employed (but little money) running a L/R Freelander parts business I have an industrial unit at my disposal and I am thinking of installing a 4 post lift for maintenance duties.

I have trialled a L/R for a number of years (15 years ago) with Staffs & Shrops Land Rover Club and also used to know Tuggy in his younger days. Hopefully will make it to the off road show in October to meet a few members of the forum.
Adios
Alan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. cheers

Mmmmm, was Tuggy ever young? Razz As it happens I too was in Staffs & Shrops LRC whilst setting up Weston Park International 4x4 & Military Family Show back in 1996/7, that's where I met his lordship.

Sounds as if you'll fit in here a treat Alan, look forward to meeting you at the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW.

Back to top Go down
videoman
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the welcome and Tuggy was once young once along witht the rest of us but that was many years ago!

Hopefully catch up at the Adventure Overland Show in October.

Alan
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:27 am

See you at Adventure Overland Show! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 am

Hello & welcome to the forum.

Jas thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am

Hi and welcome to the forum
I'm organising a trip to morocco going march 22 nd next year returning 14 th will be posting on here in the next week if you wanted to tag along
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingbeyond.com
videoman
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:59 am

I would love to go but cannot justify the expense for fuel and ferry crossings with just myself in the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Hilux4x4
Rookie
Rookie
Hilux4x4

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:36 pm

videoman wrote:
I would love to go but cannot justify the expense for fuel and ferry crossings with just myself in the vehicle.

Hi Welcome to the forum.

I am sitting with the same problem. Planning to do Morocco next year April but so far it's only myself in the car. Ferry booked and deposit paid so cant really pull out so I will be looking for a co-driver. Perhaps you can do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Morocco Wannabe   New Morocco Wannabe Empty

Back to top Go down

New Morocco Wannabe
Page 1 of 1