4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Discounted Euro breakdown insurance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Discounted Euro breakdown insurance Empty
PostSubject: Discounted Euro breakdown insurance   Discounted Euro breakdown insurance EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 am

If anyone is interested, because I run 4x4 tours in Europe I’ve managed to negotiate a discount scheme with Norton Insurance (parent company Heritage Insurance) for European Breakdown Cover. You can tailor the quote to your exact number of days away, but to give you an idea of what you’re likely to pay, here are two examples:-

Length of trip: 1 day
Premium: £27

Length of trip: 31 days
Premium: £69

On top of these rates, if when you phone Sue Tandy on 0121 246 8745 and quote the source code XYTS you will trigger an additional discount of 5% - this discount being exclusive to “Pyrenees 4x4 Tours”.

Note: You do not have to book a holiday with “Pyrenees 4x4 Tours” to benefit from this exclusive discount, simply quote the source code XYTS.

The information required will be:-

Name, address & ages of all passengers.
Destination.
Duration of trip.
Make, model, registration number and year of registration of the vehicle.

The reason I set up this discount scheme in the first place? I was so impressed with the service that Norton provided when I broke down in Spain with a blown head gasket*, I decided to pass on their professionalism to anyone who booked future tours with me. This discount can however be passed on to members of this forum too! thumbsup

* In case you didn’t know, when the engine on my Range Rover ambulance expired, Norton arranged to have the vehicle repatriated back to the UK whilst I collected a hire car and continued with my journey for the rest of the week. Importantly, I also had the safety-net of knowing I had a hire car that I could drive all the way back to my home address, which of course I did. The cost to me … zero £££'s. I was rather happy with that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jellybenitez
Cleaner
Cleaner
jellybenitez

PostSubject: Re: Discounted Euro breakdown insurance   Discounted Euro breakdown insurance EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 am

Sounds like a very good deal. I use them for insuring my vw, the great thing is they let me put a 3 litre 1992 vr6 on a classic policy! On restricted milage it costs me less the 90 quid a year so i'll second the company but fortunately i've never needed to claim.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Discounted Euro breakdown insurance   Discounted Euro breakdown insurance EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 pm

jellybenitez wrote:
the great thing is they let me put a 3 litre 1992 vr6 on a classic policy!
Result!!! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Discounted Euro breakdown insurance   Discounted Euro breakdown insurance EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:46 am

Well done Tom.

The people I insure my truck with have a deal with the RAC for breakdown cover , and it comes with no weight or age limits (for the truck Very Happy ) . While reading the policy recently I found they count Tunisia, Morocco, Iceland, turkey and even Israel (maybe its cos Israel take part in Eurovison), but they don't have affiliates in those countries so they say sort yourself out and keep the receipts - I think i'll be renewing with these people.

The other people to look at are ADAC, a german motoring organisation who will give you europe wide cover for a year for about that price, my friend uses them to cover his Iveco and when he had fuel problems recently with it in the UK they sent out the RAC. ADAC will also cover north africa and ship parts in.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discounted Euro breakdown insurance   Discounted Euro breakdown insurance Empty

Back to top Go down

Discounted Euro breakdown insurance
Page 1 of 1