4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Marquee hire?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Okay, need your help ... I need to hire a marquee for the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW weekend of 6-7 October 2012.

As the event is taking place at Whilton Mill Karting Centre near Daventry, Northamptonshire it would make sense to hire one locally or a surrounding counties, but then again maybe even further afield as start of October is right at the end of the show season, so companies will travel further to secure a deal.

The size and type is largely irrelevant as I can without too much trouble swap around the trade area to accommodate it, but I would say the minimum would be 6m x 6m, better still 9m x 6m. Cost however is an issue as I don't have the budget for it at all, but will have to find it somehow. Really need a sponsor to cover the cost, but in the current economic climate I'm more likely to find a collection of hen's teeth before that day dawns!!!

The purpose is to house seminars/lectures provided by traders and private individuals who would pass on information about overland travel and relate tales of 'daring do' on their travels around the globe. Clearly it would be a great addition to the event, only again it's all down to cost.

Anyone know of anything out there?
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 3:06 am

This is a family run business not far from here, probably quiet October.....http://www.abingermarquees.co.uk/

and this is another one not that far from here, pretty sure they are quiet that time of year......http://www.abmarquees.co.uk/

I can email them if you like....
Back to top Go down
loncbt
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 10:20 am

And it'll be used for Tom's unusually late night Vodka drinking parties!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:20 am

I don't remember any unusually late night Vodka drinking parties, then again nor do most people! Obviously you never had enough Ian if you remember any of 'em. Wink

Thanks, but Hampshire a wee bit far I'd say. Best I try locally first, but if no joy ...
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:31 am

Hi Tom I would surgest you do homework first, it may be cheeper to buy on ebay, hire company might put extra Charges for delivery and the collection, also charge for putting it up and down.

Am sure there will be enough of us to put up and down. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
loncbt
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:53 am

Tom Mc wrote:
I don't remember any unusually late night Vodka drinking parties, then again nor do most people! Obviously you never had enough Ian if you remember any of 'em. Wink

Thanks, but Hampshire a wee bit far I'd say. Best I try locally first, but if no joy ...

I have photo's here somewhere!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:37 am

loncbt wrote:
Tom Mc wrote:

I have photo's here somewhere!!!
Opps! Embarassed

I will try ebay as well Yoda, but I know from bitter experience how flimsy some of these so-called 'heavy duty' marquees ca be. A real good 'un would probably cost getting on for £1,000 - money I don't have - and for £300 I'm going to get rubbish. I will however go through the exercise as things could have changed of late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marquee hire? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marquee hire?   Marquee hire? Empty

Back to top Go down

Marquee hire?
Page 1 of 1