HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Top 3 rock intros - EVER!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Top 3 rock intros - EVER! Empty
PostSubject: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Much as I love live music, as a fair comparison the following are all original studio versions:-

1. Whatever You Want – Status Quo (1979)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-z4Dz5ZU4&feature=related

2. Dancing The Night Away – The Motors (1977)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khXhQJFqFu0&feature=related

3. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1975)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHx7vaa9Fwo&feature=fvst

Strange they should all be from the mid to late 70's ... am I just an old git or was music really better back then? Clearly I reckon so.

Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:49 am

They could play it live then because they had to, not the computer driven trash you get today claiming to be music.

Slade were always a good live band to watch, as were Queen and The Quo.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:14 am

Imagine - Slade, Queen and Quo in their heyday all on one bill - now that would be classic!

Never seen Slade as it happens, but saw Queen at Wembley (not Live Aid but their other famous Wembley stadium appearance - sneaked in plenty of Barcardi & Coke of what I can remember drunken ) and have followed Quo for donkeys years so have lost count of their concerts I've been to.

Agree 100% about the electronic studio stuff of modern bands/singers. Quo may only be able to handle three chords, but don't they carry them off bloody well?!!!

Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:08 am

POD

Fly Leaf

Killswitch Engage

Ultimate bands!

Hyundai Terracan 2.9CRDI Auto
Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 am

Jas wrote:

POD

Fly Leaf

Killswitch Engage

Ultimate bands!

Who?Laughing

Tom, love those old bands - Freebird is up in my all time top 3 along with "Highway Star",Deep Purple and "the king is dead" by The New York Rock Ensemble. But there was so much good stuff back then....

Saw a great sticker in the back of a Discovery a while back, it read " I'm NOT old, it's just that your music sucks"....made me larf!Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 am

Who? x 2 ... which proves I am indeed an old git!

"Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple is an iconic intro too, although it's too brief to top "Whatever You Want", an intro that just builds and builds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKTIVj-SxXM

Good sticker BTW, which in turn has prompted me to create a new post about window/bumper stickers. thumbsup

PostSubject: Re: Top 3 rock intros - EVER!   Top 3 rock intros - EVER! Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 3 rock intros - EVER!
Page 1 of 1