4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

A different hi from Surrey

Go down 
+3
maadmaan10
roamingman
GirlChild
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

A different hi from Surrey Empty
PostSubject: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi all!

Another newbie here. I have had a brief browse of the forum, and it seems to be a lot of gents around - any ladies lurking in the background?

Hubby and I are heading out on our big adventure later in 2012, with the main part of the trip being Nordkapp to Cape Agulhas via the west coast of Africa. Our trusty truck is a LandCruiser 80 series, which is purring like a kitten! While hubby is now in charge of kitting out the interior of the vehicle, my job is putting my new sewing machine to good use in repairing and creating!

What sort of items I hear you ask? Repairing the roof top tent, create a new ground tent bag, creating car seat covers ... also potentially a few creature comforts if space and weight allow tongue

Anyway, I hope to give a bit of a ladies view of this overlanding game! I plan to share my creations and repairs with you all, and also provide comment and observation as our departure date draws near.

regards,
African GirlChild
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups

am sure Ladies will be along soon. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:49 am

A different hi from Surrey Cooltext506879112
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 am

Hi And Welcome to the Forum!

TJ
Back to top Go down
andy-lightweight
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
andy-lightweight

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 am

hello and welcom clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:05 am

Hi Girlchild and welcome from another female traveller !

Please share your plans and preparations with us.
Miks and I have spent 4 long trips to southern africa although we have always shipped the LR down there (age was a draw back to driving) and can assure you it is fantastic. When you get to Cape Agulas remember the next land fall is Antarctica !!!!!!

Just tried to upload a pic but failed miserably

where in Surrey are you?

Margaret

Last edited by gemini on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:59 am

Hiya, welcome to the funny farm. Good to have some glamour on here at long last! cheers

Sorry chaps, you don't stand a chance ... you've been trumped! Hopefully your presence will encourage more wives/girlfriends/singles to join in, your input from a female perspective will be most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A different hi from Surrey   A different hi from Surrey Empty

Back to top Go down

A different hi from Surrey
Page 1 of 1