HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Rock Sliders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
loncbt
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Rock Sliders   Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 am

Mine cost me a couple of hours work and a couple of drill bits....

All in the name of not making the disco's sills any worse and helping Lizzytish with her undertall problem when getting into truck!
Back to top Go down
jellybenitez
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Rock Sliders   Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Mine are perfect for the urban jungle Wink
Just ask the irrate woman who slammed her door open on my disco whilst it was parked up. Her smugness was short lived though when she looked at her door and realised that she had infact opened her door not on my disco but the 2" box section rock sliders, the profile of which her door now sported as a "feature" on its edge. She then proceeded to make out it was my fault. Rolling Eyes
I think they have their uses especially when you can use a high lift on them. the ones that are on my disco replace the entire sill and judging by the marks and dents id say they do a fair job of protecting the sill region. Although the design means they completely box 3 sides of the side sill and then there the box section outer bar bit so god only knows how much the damn things weigh. Mind you i did a rough calculation the other day and reckon i am getting about 21mpg from the td5 so maybe i need to loose some weight Sad
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Rock Sliders   Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:43 am

So Jelly, keep the rock sliders and go on a diet.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rock Sliders   Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:51 am

Regarding assassins comments about sump guards etc, this is one of the reasons why I prefer not to have live axled vehicles.
Independent suspension set up offers the same if not higher centre of gravity & most reputable 4x4 manufactures supply a decent enough sump plate, bash plate from factory. There is limited articulation with IFS but there is no where on Salisbury plain (which I think is reasonably testing grounds) that Ive not been with IFS front end.
You will quite often find that manufacturers supply the front bash plate long enough to cover the transmission, with an extra steel one on the transfer case.

2 things that I have found particularly useful with IFS & front sump & bash guard is the ability to slide over mud & snow.
& When you do get stuck of belly out on snow etc because its reasonably flat its easier to dig out.

Nothing worse than helping your beached mate out with his Live axles vehicle and digging all around the diffs & low slung transmission etc.

Just my thoughts.....

Hyundai Terracan 2.9CRDI Auto
Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Sliders   

Back to top Go down

Rock Sliders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2