4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

TREASURE HUNT HELP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jellybenitez
Cleaner
Cleaner
jellybenitez

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Just wondered if anyone on here had organised a car treasure hunt. I'm thinking of running a charity one for our local 4x4 club and am looking for hints and tips to writing cryptic clues. If anyone has a copy of one they have done that would be brill as i could steal a few ideas. Currently i'm debating whether to use tulips, co-ordinates, clue to clue (although then there is the temptation for people to steal/move clues) or written instructions. I did one about 10 years ago and i remember having to find things on pub signs and in church graveyards, road signs etc but cant remember how we ended up at those locations. I'd like it not to be as easy as sticking it all in the gps so folks have to think a bit. Any help would be great. cheers
Back to top Go down
kevinf
Cleaner
Cleaner

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 pm

done a couple with my beaver scout colony usually clues are turn left out of car park/park gates etc,cross the road find date on church/building opposite post box/telephone kiosk and so on to the next clue bear in mind this is for 6 to 8 year old so you would have to adapt take in mind vehicle access and what navigational aids required/available

good luck kevin
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Done many over the years, not just for 4X4's but also ordinary cars as well as skill tests.
Back to top Go down
jellybenitez
Cleaner
Cleaner
jellybenitez

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks assassin, do you have any info or previous runs we could have a look at to get a few ideas. We went out on a recce this weekend and i've got a route planned roughly. We've had fun designing cryptic clues and looking for points that can be used. Cheers Jez
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:09 am

I could send you a bunch of orange 'collecting tubs' if you like, the ones with a hole in the lid that were used on the "Collectables" task during Landy Rally last year? That way the folk on your treasure hunt would have that to think about in addition to the standard cryptic clues.
Back to top Go down
jellybenitez
Cleaner
Cleaner
jellybenitez

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:23 am

Thanks Tom, i'll let you know. We are still working out the legalities. Bloody elf and safety and compensation culture! Seems i can't take a dump these days without filling in a risk assessment, a training course and insurance. Arrrrgh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: TREASURE HUNT HELP   TREASURE HUNT HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

TREASURE HUNT HELP
Page 1 of 1