4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop

Go down 
+3
Assassin
maadmaan10
Jas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Empty
PostSubject: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 am

I started converting my Garage in to my OWN Fishing tackle Workshop. Basically I had too much equipment and its was taking too much time to locate items and it was looking quite messy.

I started last weekend, doing bits and bobs during the week. So far I have completed the frame work.
Using 100mm x 50mm PSE European Redwood, 80mm Screws and plenty of glue I have my 3 wall bench, complete with under bench storage and plenty of rack space.

Next on the list is 5x sheets of Moisture Resistant MDF to line the 3 walls and 3 table tops. Im well happy with it, its nice to keep the old skills in use.

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts1_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts2_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts3_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts4_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts5_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts6_610

I will post up pics when I have put the MDF boards on.

Jason

Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:31 am

Nice one matey. Blimey I MISS having a garage bawling I used to have a wood turning lathe and all sorts of other stuff but lost it all when my first wife and I needed another bedroom. Now where I live there just ain't one. bawling
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am

Yeah it does not look much now, but when im finished.......
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Watching the news now for a man in Wiltshire being arrested for flashing his tackle around in a garage.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Assassin wrote:
Watching the news now for a man in Wiltshire being arrested for flashing his tackle around in a garage.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm

HaHa.

Gotta catch me first Twisted Evil

Im surprised no one has yet mentioned the copious amount of expanding foam used on the garage door....

Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Didn't like to mention it, but spotted it.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:11 am

It is there for a reason..... Laughing That garage door was not the safest, now it has been spot welded and foamed up, no way its ever going to open.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:44 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

Im surprised no one has yet mentioned the copious amount of expanding foam used on the garage door....
Thought you just had a heavy cold and it was one hellava sneeze! affraid
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:44 am

I've now lined the workshop walls and tables. I used 12mm thick Moisture Resistant MDF hence the green. This should help deal with any damp that can occur in the seasons. 4 & 1/2 sheets in total, not cheap stuff but It will last. I then quickly went around the joints and corners with a clear silicone sealant to prevent any water, gunk or fish slime from the equipment and fishing gear falling in.

Pics below:
TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts7_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts8_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts9_610

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts10_10

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts11_10

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Jts12_10

In case anyone is wondering about doing this themselves, This has cost me so far £409 + VAT.

Just over 35 meters of 100mm x 50mm PAR European Redwood, 5 sheets of 12mm MR MDF, 1x box of 100mm screws, 3x boxes of 80mm screws, 2x boxes of 25mm screws, 1x PVA MR glue, 2x Tubes of silicone sealant, 1x Irwin 12tpi Hard point saw, 1x 6mm SDS drill bit and 1x box of 60mm brown raw plugs.

I bought these all from Jewsons as its the closest builders merchant. I do not have a trade account. If I did im sure there would be some small amount of discount.

Ill post up pics when Ive got my equipment and tools all in place.

Jason

Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 am

I hate you! bawling
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:36 am

Your man cave is coming along well.

If I could get my lad to remove his 2 scrap motor bikes I may be able to use mine for something else other than storing my bar b in the winter and the garden furniture
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:56 am

wideformat4x4 wrote:
Your man cave is coming along well.

If I could get my lad to remove his 2 scrap motor bikes I may be able to use mine for something else other than storing my bar b in the winter and the garden furniture

Thanks

It will be more like "The Bunker" once i have put up all the gear and equipment, not too mention all the camo netting, double beer fridge and air raid siren.....
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:46 am

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 13_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 14_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 15_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 16_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 17_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 18_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 19_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 20_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 21_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 22_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 23_64010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 24_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 25_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 26_48010

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop 27_64010

Nearly There, Its starting to take shape, more pics to follow.....

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Looking good mate! Drink a lot of beer do you? Razz
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Wheres da Fridge to put the beers in cheers1

Seriously looks great well done cheers
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Looking good mate! Drink a lot of beer do you? Razz

Haha, no ugly people here mate. as for the beer fridge mugwump:

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Fridge10

forgot that one

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:12 am

What??? That's us told! Reckon it's all down to Wiltshire for a party folks! Wey hey!!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:21 am

Tom Mc wrote:
What??? That's us told! Reckon it's all down to Wiltshire for a party folks! Wey hey!!!! drunken

Forum Members are Welcome. I don't know how long that beer fridge will last tho. Especially with this Nice Weather!!!

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:33 am

Don't say that, you'll have Yoda travelling all the way down from Aberdeershire just for a session. Well, he's picked up some of the local customs since living up there, travelling hundreds of miles for a bottle of Buckfast is one of them! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:11 am

Yoda could be on to something tho. A 4x4OverlandTravel UK Top to Bottom Pub Crawl!
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:28 am

Will be going past after meet with you Tom, cheers1
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop   TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop Empty

Back to top Go down

TJ Fishing Tackle Garage/Workshop
Page 1 of 1