4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Death valley California

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

Death valley California  Empty
PostSubject: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:06 am

Going to California this summer and want to spend 4 days at death valley doing trails, any info on routes vehicle hire ect much appreciated
Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingbeyond.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Taking your vehicle or hiring?
Back to top Go down
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 pm

I am looking to hire
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 am

I was working over there last year. We hired motor bikes. They gave us a 4x4 truck and trailer and 3 bikes. The trails out there are awesome.

Unfortunetly I didn't organise it so don't know the name of that particular company, but be reassured there are plenty of companys out there who did hire out 4x4s. If you can hire a dune buggy for the day and go to the dunes. Awesome.

I can't believe you're encouraged to go off road and camp out with fires out there. Here you would be arrested.
Back to top Go down
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Well back from DV what a trip hired a jeep rubicorn, I can highly recommend it but to hot to camp, there's miles and miles of tracks for all levels we did a few which required lockers and were real hard to follow am thinking of organising another trip in 2014 if anyone's intrested This is one intrest that they in courage and have no problems with will attempt to post some pics up
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Now that's an idea - prices please to see if it's feasible.
Back to top Go down
boyo
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Death valley California   Death valley California  EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 am

I'd be interested in a trip like that, would anyone fancy extending it up to Wyoming, Nevada,Utah or Colorado. A couple of vehicles with 2 in each, would make quite a trip.
Back to top Go down
Mudslingger
Cleaner
Cleaner

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 5:38 am

Death valley California  198446_4653165850216_1094671965_n
Just back from the most amazing trip to california, started in LA then had a road trip upto San Fran across to San Jose from there we went to Yosemite where we took the hire car off roading can not believe how welcome your made to feel and the locals are only to happy to support our sport, we went to the local information office where they gave us a map (yes for free) that showed all the dirt roads and graded them which was pretty accurate and told you the type of vehicle you needed, imagine that in wales all you need to do is honor the road and if its closed dont go there theres a reason
from there we headed to death valley for 4 of the best offroad days i have done we hired the beast above started on grade 2 roads for 4 wheel and lift and saw some amazing sites went on to do a grade 4 that took us all day to do 60 miles needed front and rear lockers and was totally amazing and we never saw another person that day to afraid to camp out although it is permitted scared of rattle snakes and coyotes anyway heres a few pics
[imghttp://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404121_482013128499586_455078972_n.jpg][/img]
Death valley California  523872_482013071832925_1017802693_n
Death valley California  576940_482016071832625_1393168464_n
Death valley California  580422_482016091832623_1355942782_n
i have a couple more and some videos but not sure how to upload them
this is an amazing place and already planning to go back in may 2014 it would be great if a few of you would like to go will post plans later if any are intrested although its to hot in sept at 45c in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death valley California    Death valley California  Empty

Back to top Go down

Death valley California
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: PROPOSED - Overland Trips & Expeditions-
Jump to: