4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

The new 110 ( Boris )

Go down 
+3
Jas
Assassin
freespirit4x4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

The new 110 ( Boris ) Empty
PostSubject: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello,
i have recently sold my 90 ( pinky ) i am hopeful to buy her back ASAP !

Brought the 28x4 110 as it has been well looked after, low milage, good chassis, strong roof rack and many other features.

The new 110 ( Boris ) 2012-015

The primary purpose of this vehicle is for running overland adventures in. As a support vehicle it will have all the major items done such as the brakes, clutch, cooling system & timing belt done.

it currently has the 1:6 ratio transfer box fitted,

it will have a td5 defender box fitted soon.

Terrafirma spotlights, bulkhead removal bar, roof console, CDG disks, shock absorbers and many other bits.

Safari Snorkel

2 x side lockers

to do list

Mantec interior window guards

ARB winch bumper

LCD Screen

Its funny because in 8 months time i will take everything off it to galvanise the chassis, roof rack & bulkhead and body cappings then respray it and finally do a full rebuild.

at its current rate it will do 52,000 miles over the next year, realistically i expect it to do 32,000.
cheers kieran

Back to top Go down
http://www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 pm

I am a little confused, is it Karlov, Yeltsin, or Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 pm

Sounds like this will be getting quite the make over. & Keep us posted with pics.

Why are you swapping the 1:6 ratio transfer box for the TD5 one? Whats the difference?

TJ
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:48 am

Hello,
Ill keep Johnson thanks Laughing

The 1:6 ratio transfer box works the engine hard to drive at 60mph, built really for a v8 with a higher rev range, the defender transfer box (1:4 ratio) will keep the same low ratio speed but not work the engine quite so hard when in high ratio.

fitted some spotlights (pictures to come) and started painting the roof rack black.

i have also set about rebuilding one of the side lockers

Cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 am

I see.

What spotties did you go for?

TJ
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:15 am

I have got a pair of Terrafirma spotlights and a pair of rectangular lights (un branded brought from the scrap yard many years ago) these will be replaced at some point by light force 140's

Im not wiring anything in untill all the external electrics are fitted that way i can do it once & do it right

Cheers kieran
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 am

I just did a quick search. I cant say I have seen them before, look similar to Lightforce and Roo Lite.

Do they come with their own wiring loom or will you use your own?

TJ
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 am

I will be using my own wiring loom but they do (should) come with their own wiring loom & switch
i sell them, and had to pinch the wiring loom from them for another project which meant they have been in the store room for a long while Laughing

Cheers Kieran
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:10 am

Hello,
Latest picture ...

The new 110 ( Boris ) 2012-016

Also has a Safari snorkle fitted but i had to remove it to paint the front of the roof rack setup black
still working on the new storage locker which will house the 3 batteries, needs to be pretty strong. Once thats completed i will begin the mamouth task of wiring things up, still more lights to fit to the sdie & rear. Need to get some rock sliders before i can fully finnish the side locker too.

Just ordered lots of interior insulation too which should take away the Orange colour inside

Received the new roof console from Terrafirma on friday so i might have a go at fitting that during the week, it would be nice to fit the alpine radio up there out of the way.

Also got the mot to plan for this week, i think its ready. i will be fitting new front brake disks & pads as well as rebuilding the front brake calipers. needs new track rod ends on the track rod, as mad as it seems its actually cheaper to buy a track rod with the ball joints ready fitted. also needs the a-frame ball joint & bushes replacing so i wil be starting to fit the polybush kit with those bushes first.

Cheers Kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:30 pm

That's all well and good, but does the 'air conditioning' work? By that I mean the air vent flaps beneath the windscreen ... proper Land Rover air-con, none of that gassed-up stuff! Wink
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:49 pm

If you are goingt to do the wireing, make sure you have some one standing by with a few fire extinurers, and a buket of water. Very Happy Very Happy
clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 am

Laughing those days are long gone yoda, long gone

yeah the flaps work, also the cold lever works on the fan delivering cold air through the heater vents aswell

Just aquired a 2000w inverter & a new heavy duty battery in almost new condition for £60, apparently it will power a microwave, im yet to test this Laughing

Does anyone have or know of any Defender doors going spare in white, they don't need to be straight, no windows or mechanisms required just a solid frame
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:37 am

Hello,
fresh update,

Not the best picture ( i think mainly due to the epic colour of the interior roof! )
The new 110 ( Boris ) 2012-017

The New Terrafirma roof console, got alot of customers asking how to fit, so i fitted it to find out,
its fantastic!!

i have also added a new roof lining to my list of things to buy ( not because of the roof console, you can see a big rip on the left hand side in the pic)

spent this weekend, removing the gear box ( again, had it out last week to replace the clutch fork which went 1 mile out of a successful class 7 mot Evil or Very Mad ) to replace crank shaft seak and spigot bearing,

brought a transfer box for £50 from a friend who said it was in good tight condition, it was certainly tight, infact so tight it wouldn't turn. heres why ....
The new 110 ( Boris ) 2012-018
I have a firm belief that when things like this happen they are for the better... right?

My current transfer box is getting louder and louder,
but the better has found its way to me, i have found a rebuilt transfer box from ashcroft transmissions for £100 in wales, it is a discovery 1.2 ratio box Very Happy, Matt Savage will be giving the engine a little performance tweek to enable the engine to pull fully loaded with that transfer box. for me its the dream situation. ( well not buying the broken one ... )

Whats next...
i still have to finish fitting the snorkel
rebuilding the side locker
fitted two 45 litre fuel tanks in the front (means moving the battery box)
replace the steering box & pump replacement
the bulkhead removal bar
timing belt
replace all the water pipes & pump

im looking for an awning, i have a budget of £300 but ideally i would like to spend less than half of that, any one any ideas?
Cheers Kieran

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:30 am

kieran
im looking for an awning, i have a budget of £300 but ideally i would like to spend less than half of that, any one any ideas?
Cheers Kieran

just came across this, we are looking for awning as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280835882917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 am

ahh yes I had forgotton about them, they were opposite us last year at the indoor show,
they are ideal as you can zip sides in
thanks yoda, hows the 127 plan?
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 4:51 am

Well just 5 minits ago he phoned to say he has it running, going to have a look tomorrow morning.

watch this space, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:38 am

roamingman wrote:
kieran
Cheers Kieran

just came across this, we are looking for awning as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280835882917?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That looks good and not a bad price, I like the idea of the Fox Wing that Boab sell but it's very expensive
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:38 am

The new awning is on ready for the weekend,
i need to take it off again and refit slightly higher up, but thats down to my preference
Had it up all day in a decent wind and it didn't seem to be too upset with it,
The new 110 ( Boris ) 56346110

it was annoying to fit having no legs on the roof rack, i have had to weld good and strong mounting points to the roof rack to lower the mounting point,

Cheers Kieran
Back to top Go down
alinawatson38
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Its very nice Safari Snorkel ! Its amazing & appreciated its all features & there is no confusion about this Safari Snorkel ! I am having wish to purchase this Safari & lets see when It comes to true !
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:20 pm

can i have some of what your smoking please?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:06 am

freespirit4x4 wrote:
can i have some of what your smoking please?
Could probably supply it too. Just did some digging, it appears Alina hails from the Indian sub-continent, probably Calcutta, so that would account for the broken English she writes ... much like yourself Kieran!!! Twisted Evil

Don't let that put you off Alina, you're more than welcome here. I bet Kieran doesn't speak Bengali/Hindu/Urdu/Gujarati/Malayalam/Oriya/Punjabi/Tamil half as good as your English, although working in a certain Indian restaurant in Mansfield as much as he has, I'm sure he knows a few 'naughty words'.
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:02 am

Thats where your wrong mr mc...
i can and am qualified in manderin, can speak abit of bengali, spanish and french.

well pointed out, in my youth i worked at an indian, i wouldn't be where i am now without what i acheived now, infact we are underway organising one of mansfield biggest upcoming beer festivals with said indian,
im not brilliant at spelling but in my line of work do i need to be??

im 100% happy with who i am, what i say and what i do. might not be the most successful but lifes about the journey not the con/rat race

K
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:35 am

freespirit4x4 wrote:
lifes about the journey not the con/rat race
Well said, I agree totally. We only pass this way once, so getting the best out of life is what its all about. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new 110 ( Boris )   The new 110 ( Boris ) Empty

Back to top Go down

The new 110 ( Boris )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Vehicles - Land Rover-
Jump to: