4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk

Go down 
+2
roamingman
Merlin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Merlin
Rookie
Rookie

Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi everybody - Just given up trialing (driving around a muddy field all day in my Landcruiser II) - now looking at overland travel (Morocco looks good in October?) and looking to modify my Terracan - Given it a modest 1 inch lift via OME shocks and springs but can't find a snorkel in the UK. OEC Intln don't stock these any more! Also looking for a way of fixing a roof tent but stupid stock roof rails only take 35kgs so may stick with a ground tent ftb. Money may be better spent on skid plates.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi and welcom, clinking teacups

Someone will be along shortly and give you advice on choice of motor,
Cant help myself we have Land Rovers, but this is an allmarck forum. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Merlin
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:25 pm

LandCruiser is gone now selling my quad bikes (see ebay 'schilder2004' - ends on Monday) - money to be spent on my 'Jerryc an' - Goodbye mudding fields hello overlanding! Always had far eastern cars (Toyota etc) - did have a freelander once but it was a bit small for me and not so reliable - One thing about Landrovers is that there are sooooooooo many ofter maket parts for them. May consider late Disco 2 or early Disco 3 next time perhaps. Defender is just not comy enough for me on a long trip.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:59 am

Hello & Welcome to the forum.

TJM still do make the Airteck Snorkel for the Diesel Terracan, If OEC do not have them in stock they can always order one from Australia. If they can not get you one then tbr uk can also source parts.

Have a look at this section on the forum for Terracan FAQ: http://www.4x4overlandtravel.com/t608-hyundai-terracan-frequently-asked-questions

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm

Welcome Merlin! clapping

Sorry, only just noticed you registered on the forum as there have been a sudden wave of newcomers lately, you obviously slipped under the radar. Also see you're yet another Terracan owner! What's going on, it's turning into a Terracan feeding frenzy!!! No problem at all, just want to know where are they all coming from?

Keep watching, plenty of advice and tips on here, both about Terrors and Morocco. A guy called Tuggy here on the forum is based just outside Gibraltar with a 4x4 repairs/mods business, plus runs tours to Morocco. Pick his brains, that's what he's here for!

Good to have you on board.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, chalk up another member from sunny Suffolk
Back to top Go down
spider
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:56 am

Hello and Welcome from another suffolk person,
but i am a Land Rover driver.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Variety is the spice of life! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk   Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Kenton - Suffolk
Page 1 of 1