4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Land Rover Defender 90

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

Land Rover Defender 90  Empty
PostSubject: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260941534253?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Land Rover 90 County Station Wagon

I have owned this since the summer of 2006 and have used it as an everyday car and for light off-road and green lane uses as well as some short overland trips. This land rover has also been a key part in raising £1000s for charity through events such as the MAC 4x4.

I now run an overland company and this is the reason for sale, its too small for what I need so with protest I am forced to sell on and buy a 110. Because I run events for paying customers and have done with this land rover when a repair has needed doing no expense has been spared (you will notice below no cheap brands). It has been maintained to a high standard as I didn't plan to sell this for many years.

6 months tax

12 months MOT

Built in 1987

Engine;

Discovery 200Tdi fitted with defender Turbo and inlet manifold, this allows the alternator to be higher up keeping it out of the mud prolonging the life.

- The engine had only done 70K when fitted 2 years ago. I do an average of 12,000 miles per year

- Fitted with silicone hoses. (From silicone hose.com)

- Alternator swap 6 months ago (Brand: Global Power)

- Timing belt changed 12,000 miles ago

- Recent starter motor swap

- Engine serviced 100 miles ago

- Does 28 MPG

- the turbo has been replaced with a good second hand one when the engine was fitted.

- New water pump and drive belts fitted when the engine was fitted.

Transmission,

- Defender LT77 Gear Box in very good condition.

- New AP driveline clutch fitted 2 months ago with new Delphi slave and master cylinder fitted. With new copper clutch pipe & connections fitted as well as a new flexible hose fitted.

- Discovery transfer box, this allows the engine to be under less load when at motorway speeds saving fuel and prolonging engine life.

- Disc braked rear axle fitted which greatly improves braking with new Callipers discs and pads 12 months ago

- Rear Diff & half shafts swapped for much tighter and better condition ones just 2 months ago,

- Brake discs are Terrafirma Cross Drilled and Grooved which give a much better feel for your braking and increase performance both on and off-road.

- Front axle is the standard 1987 disc braked axle. Pads are about 30% warn and the discs are in good condition as are the callipers. Heavy duty Terrafirma drive flanges fitted which give increased spline contact as well as a screw on cap to replace the standard rubber cap which is a life saver when you need to adjust the wheel bearings on overland trips. The diff was replaced with a good second hand one 12 months ago due to diff bearing failure and the half shafts are in a good tight condition.

- The front prop shaft was new 6 months ago

- All the UJ's have been swapped at some point this year

- An X-brake was fitted in 2009, these are a great improvement to every land rover giving you that piece of mind that it will still be where you left it when you return.

Suspension

- The springs are the very first of Free Spirit 4x4's New overland springs coming out at the beginning of the show season in 2012. They are +25% rated over standard suitable for over landing giving you increased performance when under load but not a back breaking ride when empty. They are standard height. Fitted just two months ago

- Shock absorbers - A full set of Terrafirma big bore shock absorbers are fitted, the rears were fitted 12 months ago and the front fitted when the springs were replaced 2 months ago

- The rear bushes are super pro bushes which have a life time guarantee, and a fantastic ride quality fitted 3 years ago and look as good as new

- New Delphi rear A-frame ball joint fitted one month ago

- The front Bushes are just standard Land Rover rubber bushes fitted mid 2010

Steering

- a rebuilt 6 bolt power steering fitted in the summer of 2007, in good condition.

- Heavy Duty steering arms fitted (both the drop arm and the track rod)

- Heavy duty Terrrafirma Steering damper fitted

- one new track rod end fitted just before Christmas

- New Drop arm ball Joint fitted before Christmas

- New steering UJ's fitted in the summer of 2010

Chassis & Body

- The bulkhead was replaced in the summer of 2008, it has been replaced with a rebuilt unit and fully rust protected and is still in a good solid condition

- The chassis is in averagely good condition for its age, it has had welding done when needed and a new rear cross member was fitted just before I brought it and is in good condition.

- New front Bumper fitted

- Recent Paint Job

- New rock sliders fitted at time of paint job

- There are a few small dents but nothing major,

- Bonnet pins fitted

- New windscreen seal fitted

- New side lights, rear lights, reverse light, rear fog light & indicators fitted

- New front grill and light surrounds fitted

Wheels & Tyres

- Khumo KL71 Road venture tyres fitted 2 years ago, aprox half worn, still with a good tread depth

- Rhostyle rims as would have been fitted when this was new. In good condition.

Name,

Pinky

Viewings welcome from Mansfield near Nottingham, for cost of fuel I can & will bring the vehicle to you to look at. I can also deliver this vehicle anywhere in the UK again for the cost of fuel & cost of the train fair home.

No part exchanges accepted

Bidders from outside the UK please contact me first

No bidders with less than 10 feed back without contacting first

Please only bid if you intend to buy

veiwing recommeded
Back to top Go down
http://www.freespirit4x4.co.uk
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:31 am

Those Rostyle wheels are worth more than the wagon itself! Razz

Nah, it's looking good. You've clearly put some time & effort into the refurb - it's unrecognisible in fact - so it should fetch a decent price. Will keep a watch on it.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 am

Is that right, it went for £3,250.00 in the end? If so that's one hellava result!!! Think I may go into the buying/refurb/selling game.
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 am

It went for £2900,

Had to end the auction early as i was after a quick sale, need to pick the new 110 up Sunday and start preparing it for Russia Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers Kieran
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:45 am

Still good.

Russia, you didn't mention this ... did you? Maybe I'm having a brain malfunction, not for the first time I might add! geek
Back to top Go down
freespirit4x4
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
freespirit4x4

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 am

It's been in the pipe line for a while, paired with another company to run an event out there,
first reccee trip is in august 2013, the 110 will need to be well prepared for this as straight after i have the pyrenees trip,

Going to be a busy year Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover Defender 90    Land Rover Defender 90  Empty

Back to top Go down

Land Rover Defender 90
Page 1 of 1