4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

One for Mugwump

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:52 pm

Mega Terracan

One for Mugwump Other_10

TJ
Back to top Go down
maadmaan10
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
maadmaan10

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:06 am

YES PLEASE!!!

Like that
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:19 am

Most of the stuff on that Terracan can be bought off the shelf, its just a matter of getting it shipped here.

Lift kit, body lift, snorkel, skid plates are all available its the front winch bumper that Ive not seen before. It might be custom made, but I have seen this bumper on a ssangyong located in Korea, so Im thinking the bumper is from Korea as well. Wheels are Mickey Thompson Pajero wheels, lights look like KC 50 series.

Still really clean truck. Ive seen the vehicle specs on another forum, front and rear ARB lockers, not cheap but very effective. I would like to put one in the front axle as there is a rear LSD but im concerned about diff, shaft and cv problems. Generally speaking the diffs on Terrys / shoguns are quite strong, I just dont like the idea of having to spend £1500 for locker and installation then another £1500 to rebuild the front diff if something goes wrong.....

TJ
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:54 am

I found this on an Icelandic Forum.
One for Mugwump Other_11

From what I can tell the 2.9CRDI Terracan is on 40mm suspension lift, and 75mm body lift to accommodate the 37" tyres.
Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:10 am

WOW looks great it just like most things it is about what your can afford or the wife will let you spend Sad

Also check out El Cuco Terracan on you tube and pictures on the oz terracan website.

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Terracan Jas wrote:

Mega Terracan

One for Mugwump Other_10
TJ
Granted it's striking, but you wouldn't want to go lanin' in it after the council have just cut the hedgerows - only not nearly enough so you're left with the choice of sliding sideways into the barbed wire fence or steering uphill into the scratchy hedge with it's vicious half-chopped branches!!! affraid

Far too posh for me, defeats what an off-roader is all about. No
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Im hearing ya tom. Lucky my Terracan has a few battle scars all ready so general apearance is not a concern. & Like mugwump said its all about money. Apart from the mud terrain tyres off road there wont be much difference unless they have fitted the diff lockers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One for Mugwump Empty
PostSubject: Re: One for Mugwump   One for Mugwump Empty

Back to top Go down

One for Mugwump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Vehicles – Other marques-
Jump to: