4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:45 am

The idea for the Yorkshire Overland Gathering come from conversations with people who have an interest in overland travel so here we go.

The Yorkshire Overland Gathering YOG will be a gathering where overlanders can meet the people behind 4 x4 Overlander, Mudstuff and Trek Overland. It is being kindly hosted by Trek Overland at Lund Court Farm Nawton York YO62 7TZ.

It will NOT be a LR show in the normal sense of the expression so no arena with dogs herding ducks etc. All three companies will be sharing the same marquee, will be demonstrating their vehicles, trailers roof tents etc alongside each others. There is a possibility of a couple of other local companies joining us as well

We will be displaying a map with local green lanes marked on and state which ones will be suitable for shiny standard vehicles and others which may not be so suitable for shiny vehicles. We will also have a road based navigational scatter arranged.

Camping will be available at a local campsite. We will be able to supply a list of local B & B's, hotels etc. There are many local attractions including York and its attractions, Whitby and its crabs, Castle Howard, lots of abbeys good ice cream parlour plus restaurants and other attractions.

If you are interested in attending would you please register your interest via email at info@4x4overlander.com.

This is just to enable us to gauge interest so that we can make suitable arrangements for toilet facilites and hospitality etc.

If you have any suggestions to make please do so.

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 pm

A great idea, unfortunately I shall be in the Pyrenees from the 1st April - unfortunate but fortunate if you know what I mean! It will be my first tour of the year and it's already half full, so things are picking up.

Hope it goes well for the three of you + any newbies. Don't forget you can submit it on 4x4 Calender if you want to spread the word - www.4x4calendar.co.uk

GOOD LUCK!

Back to top Go down
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Have registerd an interest and hope to make it down at some point, possibly on the Sunday. Very Happy

Cheers

Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 3:12 am

For people who wish to camp the nearby local campsite is Cherry Tree Barn Campsite in Nawton. Details can be found HERE

Number of electric hook ups are limited. Tents/caravans £10/night. With electric hook up £12/night

Contact number 01439 771603, Cherry Tree Barn, Lowfield Lane, Nawton, York, North Yorkshire, YO62 7RZ

Please book direct with campsite.

Brendan
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:17 am

Yesterday spent an enjoyable day sorting out the second navigational scatter for the YOG weekend.

The navigational scatters are tarmac based so are suitable for shiney vehicles although a small amount of walking may be required. Some clues may require a bit of back tracking etc, but all clues are on OS sheet 100. The shortest routes between some clues may involve going off OS map 100.

Could not resist doing a little bit of green laning

Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 8dd6e705

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:13 am

Didn't realise "navigational scatters" were part of the weekend's activities. Will you (you being yourself and the other organisers) be charging for these? I ask because they could be added to the description of the event in 4x4 Calendar -
www.4x4calendar.co.uk/show.php?org=YOG

I asked about 'charging' because if you did mention about these "navigational scatters" I would suggest you need to also state whether they are free as part of the event, or are an optional extra with a nominal entry fee. It seems obvious to me you will have more attending if folk are aware there are activities as well as static trade stands.

If you do want to mention them Brendan, email or PM a description to me as I will have list this activity seperate for the present submission is at the software's limit. Totally up to you mate.
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:41 am

Hi Tom, we will not be charging for 'entry' to YOG, nor will we be charging for the 2 nav scat routes, nor for the green lane routes. Light refreshments will be supplied FOC but donations to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance will be acceptable!

Camping will be at Cherry Tree Barn at Nawton. If people wish to camp then they make arrangements and pay the campsite direct.

If you could add the details thumbsup

Brendan
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Well the Yorkshire Overland Gathering is definitely on for this coming weekend 31st March/1st April.

The weather is forecast to be dry and sunny if maybe a little chilly at night. Just bring an extra bag of wood to throw on the braai come nighttime.

Camping will either be at nearby Cherry Tree Barn, Lowfield Lane, Nawton, York, North Yorkshire, YO62 7RZ with normal campsite facilities for about £10/night or if you prefer might be able to arrange a spot of wild camping.

Two navigational scatters have been arranged which are tarmac based so should be non damaging.

Some green lanes will be marked on a map. Some suitable for shiney motors, others less so

Light refreshments will be available FOC, BUT (there is always a but) alongside the tea urn will be a donation bucket for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

Feel free to come and join us at Lund Court Farm Nawton York YO62 7TZ

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 am

Beat me to it Brendan, I was going to post a reminder by way of an update. Good luck with it, hope it goes well. Shame I can't make it, but the Pyrenees beckons.

Did I send you some flyers for the ADVENTURE OVERLAND SHOW by the way? Brain's kinda fluffy at the moment, so really can't remember. scratch
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 8:03 am

Are you suffering from senile dementia Tom?

No have not received anything. If we get them by Thursday we will put them out.

Brendan
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Probably, but then again I can't remember? scratch

They will be in the post tomorrow morning, fingers crossed the Post Office get it right. Ta!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012   Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yorkshire Overland Gathering March 31st/1st April 2012
Page 1 of 1