4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben_J85JTY
Rookie
Rookie

Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place Empty
PostSubject: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 9:57 am

ADDED BY ADMIN (December 2011): Just to confirm, this proposed show is not taking place.

After the postponement of the Overland & 4x4 Show a new show, The Expedition & Overland Travel Show will take its place for 2012.

The event will take place on Sunday 12th Feb 2012 at:

Experiance The Country
Hounslow Hall Estate,
Newton Longville,
Bucks,
MK17 0BU

On the former Land Rover Experience site.

Details are still being finalised, but expect a friendly and social event with camping available for those hardy enough to brave the February weather.

This will be an event for the whole family, with activities such as archery and Laser tag available for the kids, bushcraft demonstrations and talks on a wide range of topics.

To register for email updates, simply send an email to overland@ontargettevents.co.uk with OVERLAND in the title. You will be added to the mailing list and received news about the show on a regular basis.

If you have any suggestions about what you would like to see at the event, please feel free to drop me an email on the above email address – I am all ears!

Cheers

Ben
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Well I'll be, I must admit that for once I wasn't in the loop! Had an inckling something was afoot, but no idea an outdoor event was being planned.

Welcome to the forum Ben. cheers

Sorry to hear that David Round won't be running his indoor event at Warwick this year, but delighted to hear of this new one in sunny Bucks ... well, winter sun at least. Outdoors in February? Guess I'd better think about installing some sort of heater in the back of the ambulance-soon-to-be-camper. Brrrrr!!!!!!!

Has to be good for the 'overland' scene, hope it takes off.

Back to top Go down
Ben_J85JTY
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Morning Tom,

After seeing your response on the other thread, planning something later in the year, I figured for 2012 this was worth a go.

Outside? Who said anything about outside?

The venue has a large exhibition hall, along with 2 or three machinery barns which will be used.

I don't expect it to be as big as David's event but I hope to see many of the same faces.

It's a one time venture for 2012, after which David's event will be back on (I hope!)
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Raider
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Hillbilly Raider

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 am

As said else where Ben ..hope it all goes well
Back to top Go down
http://www.alpinerovers.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 am

Aha, I stand corrected. I naturally assumed it was outdoors because of the camping you mentioned.

That makes far more sense, it gets betterer and betterer. Definitely worth a go. clapping

Suggest you hit the magazines pronto with a Press Release, although I'm all but certain you would already have done so. Just hope it's not late.

Event website available yet?
Back to top Go down
Ben_J85JTY
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:46 am

Well, this could be the shortest lived show in History!

After a lengthy discussion yesterday, the venue have been forced to back out due to a lack of avilable indoor space on the dates required. The entire exhibition hall is not availabe until mid march, something I was not aware of when the original idea was hatched.

So, no Expedition & Overland Show in 2012.

Apologies,

Ben
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 7:16 am

As I said in my email Ben, that's a real shame. Can't even suggest anywhere as indoor venues at the right price are few and far between. No

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place   Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposed show 1 - now NOT taking place
Page 1 of 1