4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

More Thieves

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 pm

With the scrap metal thefts increasing at an alarming rate, and thieves becoming even more ingenious in identifying sources of easily stolen scrap metals, we as 4X4 owners have become a target again, forget the thefts from railways, its our alloy wheels and catalytic convertors they are after. According to industry experts there has been a massive rise in such thefts, yet the thefts from railways has taken centre stage in the media because of the safety implications, and thefts from vehicles of their components such as catalytic convertors is largely ignored.

According to experts the thefts of alloy wheels is lucrative because 4X4 alloys are much stronger, therefore heavier as they contain more alloy than standard car alloys, so thieves need to to steal fewer for a given weight, thus reducing their chances of being caught. If you have alloy wheels, but no locking nuts then now is the time to buy and fit them to your alloy wheels.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:27 am

Also people should look out for thieves are targeting spotlights.

In the last 2 months, 2 of my buddy's have had spotties sawn of their trucks.

One mate had his set of Lightforce 170 HID's pinched and my other mate unfortunately after having spend £600+ on a new style 20" VisionX LED Lightbar had his nicked 3 days after. And he kept his Jeep in his garage! Both in the Oxford area.

censored
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 am

And stainless steel roll bars and bull bars mounted on pick ups and other 4X4's.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Makes you wanna spit! mad
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 am

I think they should be legally classed as vermin, its perfectly legal to shoot vermin in this country.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Sounds fair enough to me ... good call. thumbsup

While we are about it, when you get into power can you pass a law that gives the owners of faster vehicles the right to ram middle-lane hogs over to the inside lane. Really annoying for drivers of HGV's and those towing a trailer (basically those not allowed in the overtaking lane) who have to sit behind these numptys for mile upon mile 'cause they haven't got the gumption to move into the empty inside lane. Merci!

Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Will do Tom, my pet hate also; what i will do is to have the invisible rails removed from lane 2 with immediate effect, that way they can steer back into lane 1 when not overtaking.

As a little aside to this i was out on business one morning, 4AM in winter and there was nothing on the motorway, suddenly i came alongside a vehicle in lane 2 and i started to undertake it as i did not see it because it had no lights on and was a dark car on an unlit section of motorway. As a knocked the cruise control off i dropped back behind it and moved out to lane 2 and flashed it to put some lights on, instead it moved over and i overtook it and tucked back in, i flashed my rear foga but the stupid woman driving was oblivious to the fact it was pitch black un an unlit section of motorway and she had no lights on.

That was it, hit telephone button on the steering wheel and shouted Police at the phone and i spoke to them, i gave my location and a description of the car, the fact it had no lights on and its registration number, a traffic car was despatched, at the next junction i saw it and as i was giving a commentary to the Police control room they knew it was the correct vehicle, the Police stopped it. It transpired the woman had driven from home, a total of 28 miles according to the Police operator, without lights, and when stopped she was trying to put her make up on as well.

The joys of women drivers and hands free mobile phones.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Wonderful, truth is certainly stranger than fiction. clapping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Thieves Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Thieves   More Thieves Empty