4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Weapons of Choice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicar
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
Vicar

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Weapons of Choice   Weapons of Choice EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Had a go at posting a photo using Photobucket. The 90 is not always that clean and the D2 has just got back from a weeks travel. The 90 has a Nissan LD28 6 cylinder diesel ( a conversion before I bought it ) and the D2 is a TD5. They both sound agricultural so are in harmony with my MF135.
They are like chalk ( tank ) and cheese ( limo ) for driving. Unfortunately the 5th gear in the 90 rarely slots in. Trying to avoid spending money getting that fixed so coping with the 4 that are left.

Weapons of Choice IMG_2324-Version2
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons of Choice   Weapons of Choice EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Nice! The Nissan 6 cylinder engine in the 90, is that the 4.2 diesel lump out of the old patrol/safari?

Jas
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons of Choice   Weapons of Choice EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Nice photos, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Vicar
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
Vicar

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re Nissan motor   Weapons of Choice EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:10 am

Hello Jas,

I wish it was the 4.2 as the 2.8 needs some stick on hilly main roads. I have acquired a turbo for it as some of the club members recommended but still feel a bit reluctant to graft it on in case it creates other issues. I am going to get the injectors sorted first as she does smoke a bit at times. Still she does well where it counts off road

Back to top Go down
Vicar
Gate Opener
Gate Opener
Vicar

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Just went for some milk   Weapons of Choice EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am

This is more like it's normal state. I have to own up I forgot the milk. I had just got back from a club event in a nearby forest. I was sort of " encouraged " to plan and be trip leader for a day of fun. Expecting maybe 6 trucks it ended up with about 23. To end the day I took the group along a couple of paper roads. Some of the ruts were deeper than they looked.

Weapons of Choice IMG_2400-Version2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weapons of Choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapons of Choice   Weapons of Choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapons of Choice
Page 1 of 1