4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

110 rear load space question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
edwillcox
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

110 rear load space question Empty
PostSubject: 110 rear load space question   110 rear load space question EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 am

Hello to all,
possibly a daft question, but the rear load space of my 110 is slightly different on the driver side to passenger side.

The bench seat, which I think is original, has the bolted frame/base and back cushion, however the driver side has no bench seat, and no indication that one has ever been put inside (see pic).

So my daft question is, what may have been fitted in this space, anything special, or would it simply have been left untouched ?.

Ed

110 rear load space question B-1
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: 110 rear load space question   110 rear load space question EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:47 am

I have the same on the Terracan. The 2x reasons for me are, the fuel tank pipe location and chassis located spare tyre holder.

But as most LR's have a tyre on the door or bonnet its not the tyre.
Could the fuel pipe be the reason why one side of the load space or wheel arch is different to the other?
Back to top Go down
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: 110 rear load space question   110 rear load space question EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm

The sides of the load space in both the 109, the 110 and the Defender are different.

The left side should be "clear" the right side has the cover for the fuel filler. Your picture shews a normal seat box

The 110 has a tool box fitted like the 109 to the left side at the rear.

mike

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: 110 rear load space question   110 rear load space question EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 pm

We had a 110 county 11 seater bench seats each side, we used to remove them for work, so we could carry more stock.
your photo looks normal to me, you do have the holes at the front behide the seat, metal bracket with 2 hoels in, just below the seat belt reel, looks to me like someone as removed the beanch seat. may be the van type has a tool box but not a county, you have the trim of a county, can not see behind rea door panel, if you look should be two holes thier. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 110 rear load space question   110 rear load space question Empty

Back to top Go down

110 rear load space question
Page 1 of 1