4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model

Go down 
+7
Vixen
tuggy
Assassin
wideformat4x4
Tom Mc
Chris S
Jas
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model Empty
PostSubject: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 am

Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14726189

Looks interesting. Watch this space?

TJ
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:15 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14726189

Looks totally impractical and nothing like as robust as the current one. Watch this space?

TJ

I agree lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 am

It looks ghastly! I really hope this is nothing more than marketing hype, the publicity department dangling some bait in the water to see who bites. Can't envisage the production model looking anything like this squared off Freelander. No way Pedro!!! No
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:48 am

Yeah saw this somewhere else it looks like the new squared off Jeep, like me at school "must do better"
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm

I have already seen the concept drawings and originally thought they were a joke, but obviously not.

To me it looks like they used a three year old's drawing for their concept, then got technical, they draughted in a ten year old to scour the breakers yard for insurance write off's, he cut the front off a Skoda Yeti, the back off a Citroen Berlingo van and welded them together, then stuck different bits from different vehicles on with superglue.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Sounds as if they've improved production methods at Lode Lane. In days gone by they would never have used anything as sophisticated as superglue! Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Best we start buying up as many "proper" defenders as we have room/funds for before they all rocket in price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 12:10 am

Chris S wrote:
Best we start buying up as many "proper" defenders as we have room/funds for before they all rocket in price.

Agreed, as if the private sales were not high enough already!
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:53 pm

well this is going to be interesting,,,, yes i do like the concept,,,,,i like the new shape, ,,,,,,but it has to cut the mustard , ,,loose the silly wheels and get some off road tires there has to be a LWB model and a hi cap model,,,and dont make it to,electronically dependant,,,build in some maintanance,, ,,,must admit i like what land rover are doing,,there dragging them selfs into the 21st century,,,,,and thats how its going to be,,,,the day of the old land rover will never be the same again,,,,so embrace what you have and look after it you aint going to see it again,,,,, bawling
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Phew !! just actually read the article and it say's "it will be based on the concept" which means in the flesh it won't look any thing like the pictures.

Although saying that the shape is starting to grow on me, but I think I'm gonna stick with my original plan and go for a TD5 Disco early naughties stylie, they are beginning to look more attractive price wise just need to find one that's not been to the moon and back milage wise.
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 am

Let's face it. Land Rover have to improve their image. My thinking is the majority of buyers of the current defender do so because they like Land Rover. There are plenty if bad aspects to the current model that could be improved, and some, like dust sealing, aren't going to happen without changing body shape IMHO. We can't have it both ways. Personally I LIKE the old shape. It sets the defender apart from the hundreds of other 4x4's on the road...bring the body shape up to date and it just blends in with the rest, and lets face it, the defender IS NOT the only GOOD 4x4 on the road. Add to that superior after sales service the other makes have and all I can see happening is they will lose sales coz the enthusiasts ain't gonna buy them Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 pm

As a cutsie fun 4x4 then yes it looks ok. But as a Defender replacement surely not? Could you imagine a farmer sitting/standing on the bonnet/ wing shooting game on one of those?. Or bumping down rutty tracks scratching the bodywork? Hmm. How about those that specifically buy the Defenders so that they can create modified off road beasts? And I think a lwb version would look weird with that cutsie design and a hi-cap version would be ridiculous! Just my opinion anyway! Perhaps another manufacturer will fill the defenders shoes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:09 pm

It will be very similar to the concept, just look at the Evoque, as true to the concept as legislation would allow and LR have proudly used this in their marketing.
Back to top Go down
DEF110
Rookie
Rookie
DEF110

PostSubject: More Pics in today's Daily Mail   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:34 am

Back to top Go down
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:14 am

Thats supposed to be a macho beast? Could have fooled me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Looks like a baby Freelander. clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
mugwump
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
mugwump

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Sir Winston Churchills dog looks more Macho Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model   Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model Empty

Back to top Go down

Land Rover confirms new version of its Defender model
Page 1 of 1