4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia Empty
PostSubject: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 am

We are currently in Sulawesi, Manado, and are in need of new set of tyres a little earlier than expected, we were holding out till oz, but now require replacements quite urgently.

We have not been able to find a source and BF Goodrich AT's here, and were wondering if anyone could recommend an available alternative? Or knew of sny supliers who could source BFG's.

Martin

Back to top Go down
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 am

We were also considering going for a MT rather AT, as the AT showed visible wear, the tyre looked a little cracked / shredded while driving of road, on hard rocky surfaces.

Although I expect be on road 70% of the time, does anyone have any opinions on using a MT over a AT for travelling overland, we plan to spend 6 months in Oz before heading over to South America.

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Not my part of the world for contacts unfortunately - now if it was Malaysia, I could have definitely helped.

The biggest agents for BF Goodrich in the UK are Southam Tyres. I really have no idea how tyre suppliers link up with each other across the continents - if at all - but an email to Southam may well be beneficial. Surely with their contacts with BFG in America they must be able to help.

Southam Tyres can be found with www.macks4x4info.com directory BTW.

I would definitely go for an AT, too much rumble with MT's plus they will wear out quicker on tarmac, use more fuel, etc. AT perfect for overlanding. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:31 pm

I would also suggest looking at Silverstone Tyres. They are quality tyres probably half the price of BF Goodrich, plus readily found in SE Asia.

Their tyre catalogue can be found via www.silverstone.com.my/default.aspx#1311470878062

Back to top Go down
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks tom, for the quick replies
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:39 am

No problem. Dunlop too are worth considering, as the cost in that part of the world is quite acceptable compared with Europe. Keep hunting!
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm

dude,,,check out www.paddockspares.com check out there tires section they are excellent they are my prefered supplyer
and there postage and rates are second to none,,,,,,they can supply BFG AT and MT2,s and have a good selection of other tires,,,,ok hope this helps tug. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 5:26 am

Would normally agree on cost and choice Tuggy, but they are currently in Indonesia and need the tyres now (note the correct spelling mate - not tires - too many Americanisms creeping in angry ), before moving on to Oz.
Back to top Go down
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey guys thanks for the help,

We have been very lucky, GT Radial Indonesia, have agreed to sponsor our trip, a full set of tyres are being shipped to the nearest agent as we speak,

Martin
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:26 am

That's great news. Just had a butchers at their website - www.gt-tires.com/indonesia - "We are the largest integrated tire manufacturer in Southeast Asia, produces and distribute high quality tires for passenger car, SUV's, commercial, off-the-road, industrial and motorcycles."

Never heard of them, just goes to show, the sponsorship is working for them already!

Now all you need is BP or Esso to hand you a fuel card and you'll be laughing. Onward and upward!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:08 am

If only, i think Australia is going to be very expensive for us, fuel & accommodation etc,

Looks like ill be working on the farms as we travel round....

Just got our new tyres from GT Radial, this is their local web site GT Radial, they have just released a new line of Tyres called the Savero Komodo, a MT (which they gave us) & Extreme Version.

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia IMG_4780web

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia Savero%20Komodo%20MT%2030%20hi-resweb

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia Savero_extreme
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:33 am

Very pretty Martin - the MT's, not you! tongue

The Extreme's dont look so shabby either. Although obviously not suited for your trek (the MT's are ideal), those extreme's will however go down very well with the off-roading fraternity, that's for sure.

Congrats mate!!! clapping
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 pm

Martin, if you arrive in Aus at the end of the year you will be in time for the mango harvests in FNQ (Far North Queensland) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 am

Tom Mc wrote:
Would normally agree on cost and choice Tuggy, but they are currently in Indonesia and need the tyres now (note the correct spelling mate - not tires - too many Americanisms creeping in angry ), before moving on to Oz.

sorry teacher i will do a hundred lines,,,,, stupid

i should have gone to miss jonese class for english lessons
i should have gone to miss jonses class for english lessons
i should have gone to miss jon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

arse to this im off down the pub,,,,,, cheers1
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:14 pm

I dare say in school these days 'doing a hundred lines' means something totally different, then they also shoot off down the pub! As for what they get up to with Miss Jones, don't even ask. No
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
I dare say in school these days 'doing a hundred lines' means something totally different, then they also shoot off down the pub! As for what they get up to with Miss Jones, don't even ask. No

scratching chin thumbsup Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mart456
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Our latest Sponsor:

http://www.maxtrax.com.au/
Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia Introducing-MKII-1

Has any one used these before ? Any comments ?

Two sponsors down, we're still looking for others, i,e
a front bumper, we need a replacement,
long range fuel tank, need more space, and also to move weight lower

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia   Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyes in South East Asia - Indonesia
Page 1 of 1