HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

+2" articulation ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gemini
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 3:57 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

That is some weight!

Sam Watson, John Pearson of LRO and myself discussed the weight issue at Driffield. We all agreed that weight is the biggest issue.

This year when I got my Defender back I put it on the weighbridge. Quite light :o 3,000 kg WITHOUT food water and half a tank of fuel. Filling those up I suspect will take it overweight.

Standard suspension. Not one did the suspension bottom out. Even in the dry river bed crossings where the road went back up as the Defender was still going down
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 4:17 am

That's useful to know. And I would have thought that land rovers would have been reasonably light!

NOTE: See section in Main Chat, Vehicle weights, sound like you could give some good pointer for novices etc.

Jas

Hyundai Terracan 2.9CRDI Auto
Mazda BT50 2.5TDI
Back to top Go down
raff209
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 5:29 am

I totally agree with you both the driver is a huge factor in the vehicles ability the suspension also plays a huge part in the vehicle ability on and off road my truck is far better on the overland springs than it ever was on the old standard ones as it sits square and doesn't sag at the rear when loaded up with all the kit and the road holding has increased as it doesn't wallow about quiet as much I also fitted performance brakes to help it stop when loaded its amazing how many people forget to look at the breaks when carrying heavy loads

Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 5:38 am

raff209 wrote:
I totally agree with you both the driver is a huge factor in the vehicles ability the suspension also plays a huge part in the vehicle ability on and off road my truck is far better on the overland springs than it ever was on the old standard ones as it sits square and doesn't sag at the rear when loaded up with all the kit and the road holding has increased as it doesn't wallow about quiet as much I also fitted performance brakes to help it stop when loaded its amazing how many people forget to look at the breaks when carrying heavy loads

An "off road truck" should be very different to an "overland truck"

What weight are you fully loaded ??
Back to top Go down
raff209
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 am

yes an off road truck would use softer springs my rear springs wouldn't look out of place on the rear of a 130 as for my weight loaded I have no idea never had it weighed but its quit a bit I wouldn't want it to run over my foot Laughing

Just got MT's
Just got MT's

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 6:09 am

raff209 wrote:
yes an off road truck would use softer springs my rear springs wouldn't look out of place on the rear of a 130 as for my weight loaded I have no idea never had it weighed but its quit a bit I wouldn't want it to run over my foot Laughing

The springs may not look out of place on a 130 but they wouldn't fit the 130. Remember your GVW is only 2065kg with axle weight to suit

Iceland you say
How are you getting the truck there ?

mike
Back to top Go down
raff209
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Mon May 30, 2011 6:17 am

Ref: TF210
Product Description:
TF210 Heavy load suspension kit includes a pair of TF120 and TF121 shocks and a pair of TF015 and TF027V coil springs.

This kit should be used on vehicles with around 100kg of additional equipment or load on the front and approx 300kg on the rear and will give around 2" (50mm) of lift.

this is the kit on my truck Cool I know they wont fit a 130 but they don't need to they need to fit my disco and the do lol

going to Iceland via Denmark on the smyril line ferry that's the only way to get their at the moment they used to run from Scotland and Shetland but unfortunately they stopped that service a few years ago but i am still in the planning stages so hopefully they will reintroduce it but I doubt it Sad

Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 am

raff209 wrote:

Ref: TF210
Product Description:
TF210 Heavy load suspension kit includes a pair of TF120 and TF121 shocks and a pair of TF015 and TF027V coil springs.

This kit should be used on vehicles with around 100kg of additional equipment or load on the front and approx 300kg on the rear and will give around 2" (50mm) of lift.

this is the kit on my truck Cool I know they wont fit a 130 but they don't need to they need to fit my disco and the do lol

going to Iceland via Denmark on the smyril line ferry that's the only way to get their at the moment they used to run from Scotland and Shetland but unfortunately they stopped that service a few years ago but i am still in the planning stages so hopefully they will reintroduce it but I doubt it Sad

same kit as i have on my bad boy,,,,and it works very well,i can recomend it as a good kit....

you can find me in the hammock or spannering on the 101 and if im not there then i dont know where i am...................

http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4

Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: +2" articulation ?   

Back to top Go down

+2" articulation ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2