4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

New forest or any where good south england

Go down 
+2
Mac
chally2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

New forest or any where good south england Empty
PostSubject: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 8:10 am

Has any one any reccomendations on campsites in the new forest that take dogs.

I usually like to find a quiet green lane and hole up for the night but thats getting harder so any ideas or do you know of any hiddy holes, that would be great.

traveling from reading

Cheers

Robin
Back to top Go down
Mac
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Mac

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:11 pm

I know some areas in South east kent. But if you are traveling that far, you'd be aswell jumping on the ferry and going to france.
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 pm

Where about. It might not be too far and I might be moving around there any way.

Its only for a sort weekend so france this time is not on the cards.
Back to top Go down
delica
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
delica

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 am

I know great places around Brighton, Godwood, Midhurst, Firle....
Check our photo www.helcakamil.rajce.net

We go wild camping every weekend and it is great down here.
There is no problem with wild camping in New Forest...just park in remote car park.

This is a good source of info http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/wild-camping-sites/
Back to top Go down
http://www.delicajourney.webnode.cz
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 am

Ive been to a fue good campsites north of southampton in the forest park. Ill find where i went and post them. Abit further north of the new forest and it goes up in to salisbury and there is a host of campsites and greenlanes between salisbury and new forest.
Ill dig out the info asap.

TJ
Back to top Go down
chally2
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
chally2

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

Ive been to a fue good campsites north of southampton in the forest park. Ill find where i went and post them. Abit further north of the new forest and it goes up in to salisbury and there is a host of campsites and greenlanes between salisbury and new forest.
Ill dig out the info asap.

TJ

cheers

That would be great
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: New Forest   New forest or any where good south england EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi not sure if your still looking for a campsite in the New Forest but I stayed for 2 night's at the Holland Wood site last weekend and they do take dogs.
The site is between Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst and is right on the door step of some of the more remote area's of the forest.

But watch out for the ponies as we were woken at 6.00am to find them finishing off the bread rolls and left over bar b stuff which we had left in the porch in our tent, bit of a shock to open the zip and be face to face with a rather large pony eating 18 bread rolls.

Although that said I have woken up next to some right old donkeys in my younger days lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

wideformat4x4 wrote:

Although that said I have woken up next to some right old donkeys in my younger days lol Very Happy
lol!

Lovely part of the world down there. Spent may a day as a kid camping next to the Balmer Lawn Hotel ... paradise!

Mind you, I'm talking about the days before any type of fencing, even alongside the main roads, therefore the ponies were forever around the camp. A pain at times granted, but it was so close to nature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New forest or any where good south england   New forest or any where good south england Empty

Back to top Go down

New forest or any where good south england
Page 1 of 1