4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Iveco Daily 4x4

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:40 am

Today I went out with some friends to the Iveco dealership not too far from us. They were showing off the current model of the Iveco daily 4x4 double cab with pick up bed. There was a on road and a off road course. I drove the vehicle on both courses and from what I could tell it was a very well engineered vehicle. It was a good gap between general 4x4s and unimogs. It had hi and lo range with front/centre/rear diff locks and a grunty 3.0 twin turbo diesel oil burner. From what I could tell if money was not a problem this could be one of the best overland vehicle bases ever made.

http://web.iveco.com/uk/products/pages/ecodaily_4x4_features_and_benefits.aspx

Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:45 am

the older ones are already very popular but the one problem with them (which the new ones may negate) is that they (the 4x4 versions) are usually 4 tonne gross or higher so anyone with a post 97 license (like me) would have to go and do C1 to be able to drive one in this country.

If there were some 3.5 tonne verisons kicking about at sensibel money then I would certianly be havign a look at them.

We had a downrated 5 tonne 2wd one where I used to work and that had the 3ltr @140hp and it was awesome - just very thirsty, probably the weight of it had a lot to do with it - nearly 2.7 tonnes empty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Jas
Admin
Jas

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:49 am

I think the single cab version is just under or on 3.5tonne. The heviest is 5tonnes. Quite a weight. Had a look on google and there are quite a fue that have been outfitted like a camper. Sounds like a good idea. It is a very tall vehicle tho!

Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:11 am

There's an older shape one kicking about for sale at the mo that's been camperised - it's well nice but £12K so well out of my price range even if I could drive it getting nowhere fast
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:25 pm

You can derate them to 3.5 tonnes Chris, so no issue there, just that the payload is lower.

They are becoming popular in many markets because of their lower purchase prices, list of optional extras, and much lower running costs then the Unimog, Spain have a number as fire engines in inhospitable areas, and forestry vehicles, and many other vehicles are being sold worldwide.
Their simple turbo diesel is cheap to run, easy to repair due to a worldwide dealer network, and spares and service parts are easily accessible at much lower prices than Mercedes items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iveco Daily 4x4   Iveco Daily 4x4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Iveco Daily 4x4
Page 1 of 1