4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Have We Become Too Restricted?????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Have We Become Too Restricted????? Empty
PostSubject: Have We Become Too Restricted?????   Have We Become Too Restricted????? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Have we become too restricted here in the UK, and are other countries suffering from restrictions on their activities?

Here in the UK we have local authorities introducing petty and often unnecessary legislation on a weekly basis, authorities and organisations doing pretty much the same, National Parks Authorities being a prime example, and we had a Government intent on total control of every aspect of our life, then we have European legislation which is total dictatorship.

So what are peoples gripes and issues?

To begin: mine are the Ramblers who are so hypocritical in demanding the right to roam anywhere they like, when they like, and with absolutely no regard for landowners, their crops or even their livelyhood; yet they want to deny the same freedoms to many other user groups, 4X4's being a particular target. I once asked one of them for their address and was immediately asked why, my reply was simple, "so i can come and ramble through your back garden and trample your flowers and vegatable patch, and claim it is my right" unfortunately they declined, but they led to the introduction of the NERC bill.
How? simple, look at their membership list and see the number of former Labour MP's who voted for this legislation who are senior members of the RA.

Local Authorities and NPA's for banning free or wild camping apart from designated areas, then the restrictions they place on people, no pets, no camp fires, no this, that, or the other; and a list as long as the M1 of what you cannot do, yet these are often supposed to be wild open spaces for the benefit of all users.

Government and Europe for making much of the stupid legislation law in an attempt to sanitise so much of life and prevent people (particularly youngsters) from learning practical skills such as camping, open cooking, responsibility, and respect for the countryside through claiming it is "elf and safety".
Back to top Go down

Have We Become Too Restricted?????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: