4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie2
Rookie
Rookie

Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) Empty
PostSubject: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 am

Hi there,

My brother and I have spent the last few months organising a trip that would take us through India and Northern Africa, however the 2 other people planning the trip with us have had to pull out and we’re on the hunt for new adventurers to join us sometime this year.

The trip is fairly unconventional in that we plan to fly to India to pick up and repair our Great Uncles Mk 2 Land Rover from North India where he lived. He originally drove overland from the UK in it in 1958 with his wife before he settled there, so we wanted to try and retrace some of the route he took.

Our proposed route will take us from a town called Dehradun, down through India and then driving along the coast of Pakistan to get a ferry over to the U.A.E. Then up through Saudi Arabia and preferably into Egypt before crossing into Libya, Tunisia and up into Sicily, Italy and home.
We propose approx 3 months for the trip, but all of it (route, time etc) is very flexible and open to discussion.

We are both in our late 20’s and are looking for people of a roughly similar age, up for an adventure, happy to muck in and maybe with some mechanical experience so if you think you fit the bill – or know someone who does - please get in touch!
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:06 am

Sounds like a great trip - was in dehradun 3 years ago for 3 weeks or so working.

Have you come across Sam Watson - he may be a good contact for Egypt.

Libya - people seem to be going thru - check on sahara overland for latest info

Good luck and keep us informed

Back to top Go down
GirlChild
Just fitted a Snorkel
Just fitted a Snorkel
GirlChild

PostSubject: Re: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:41 am

Sounds interesting! Keep the updates coming!

I heard a rumour (and rumour it may well be) that Saudi doesn't like people driving in right hand drive vehicles so doesn't issue visas? As I said, likely a vicious rumour - so if anyone has the truth that would be very enlightening!

rgds
African GirlChild
Back to top Go down
http://www.kapp2cape.net
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am

Sounds like a great trip and it will need loads of planning especially if you intend driving your own vehicle through Egypt you will need a big budget.

A mate of mine and me looked to drive 2 vehicles to Cairo with medical supplies for the garbage village project he's involved in 2 years ago.

We looked to drive down through France, Austria, Switzerland and get the ferry in Italy to Libya then on to Egypt or the other route was France, Spain, Morocco, Algeria (we gave this route a miss due to bandits), Libya then on the Egypt.

It looked to cost us around £4500 a vehicle with fuel, ferries, carnet etc.

I would still like to do a trip like that an if there was no time constraint you could possible do it cheaper.

Good luck with your planning and trip and don't forget to post loads of pictures so those of us at home can go green with envy.
Back to top Go down
iveco4x4
Just got MT's
Just got MT's
iveco4x4

PostSubject: Re: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 6:26 pm

wideformat4x4 wrote:
Sounds like a great trip and it will need loads of planning especially if you intend driving your own vehicle through Egypt you will need a big budget.

A mate of mine and me looked to drive 2 vehicles to Cairo with medical supplies for the garbage village project he's involved in 2 years ago.

We looked to drive down through France, Austria, Switzerland and get the ferry in Italy to Libya then on to Egypt or the other route was France, Spain, Morocco, Algeria (we gave this route a miss due to bandits), Libya then on the Egypt.

there is no land boarder open between morocco and algeria for torists to my knowledge, they keep talking about opening it again but........

traditional way to libya (or back from) would be to tunisia via ferry from marsailles or genoa

egypt carnet reqirements are high.... but on a 1960's LR you can probabily get away with a low valuation

PS Don't you love google website advertising - ever since i went to mobile.de i have a mobile.de as a banner across the top of this site showing me interesting vehicles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)   Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween) Empty

Back to top Go down

Overlanding team members wanted for 4X4 adventure from India to North Africa (and inbetween)
Page 1 of 1