4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

face book,,

Go down 
+3
Tom Mc
Jas
tuggy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:30 am

well its not a web link,,but i started a new face book page just to put some interesting stuff on so check it out,,,

type in tugs4x4 morocco raids and see what you get,,,,, Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Jas
Admin
Jas

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:34 am

Tugs 4x4 has been FaceBook "Liked".....

TJ
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:57 pm

FacebooK? Pain the rear end! Killed off my Landy Rally forum good and proper. It was thriving until one of the teams started a Landy Rally page, that was that.

I'm afraid I don't have time for throwing virtual flans at each other, or all the other stupid stuff they indulge in. Great when you're at school I'd imagine, but a waste of space for adults if you've got a life.

Rant over! mad
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 pm

Yea have to agree with Tom thier, I did wonder what happened to everbody, NO I don't like face book, and has for twatter them poeple don't have a live. What happed to a phone call now and then also a letter is good to get or send.

well thats my towpenif mad
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:56 am

"twatter" - I like it! laughing pound
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am

Face book is OK for keeping in touch with family the other side of the world, but I prefer to email.

Still good to see Tugs 4x4 on FB. Each to their own....

TJ
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:27 am

i have face book to keep in touch with family and friends in the uk, Very Happy ,,and i also send a lot of e mails,,,,,but theres so much going on out here and everybody is on face book, thumbsup ,,,in this part of the world everybody uses it,,,,ITS A SOCIAL NETWORK....... computer-22
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 6:09 am

tuggy wrote:
i have face book to keep in touch with family and friends in the uk, Very Happy ,,and i also send a lot of e mails,,,,,but theres so much going on out here and everybody is on face book, thumbsup ,,,in this part of the world everybody uses it,,,,ITS A SOCIAL NETWORK....... computer-22

I love it, I have met up with friends I haven't seen in years and it's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family who live abroad it's cheaper than phone calls and instant unlike letters.

I'm also on twatter but don't use it much at least with face book you're interacting with people you know not so called celebrities who think their big or clever and usually are not either.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 7:34 am

Just me, my children have allways called me a Dinosaur, Laughing
Wife not long jioned to see what family are up to, had a quick look trouble is our Grandauter's mother says far to mutch info, we pick up grandaugter every weekend because our son no logger with her mum. clapping

But have to admit do call all kids (ha ha) kids oldest is 34 youngest is 22 not really kids anymore. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
rustyrhinos
Just got MT's
Just got MT's

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:41 am

Added :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rustyrhinos.ccom
scott.l.
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
scott.l.

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 1:24 pm

I consider Facebook a good tool if used correctly! I work half the year overseas, so its a good way of keeping in touch with family and friends and sharing photos and info. You can easily block the cr*p posts from showing up if you want to.
Back to top Go down
http://global-adventures.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Fine for family and friends, but for specifics like our hobby/pastime/business, it's only duplicating what this forum can do.

Not only that, this forum is a whole lot easier to use. Having seperate categories means you don't have to trawl though a minefield of chit chat, you can go direct to EVENTS or whatever without having to hear what folk had for breakfast and how their pet bunion is fairing.

Keeping in touch with family & friends via FB is fine, it's a 'social networking site' after all, and to a degree hobbies where no forum like this one exists, but why oh why did they allow pages for business is beyond me? One reason alone - revenue, pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
scott.l.
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
scott.l.

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

Yeah I agree , ''but why oh why did they allow pages for business is beyond me''

However I don't think you can compare facebook with forums, they target different users. I.e. I don't use Facebook to find out the best way to import my vehicle, or how to do a head gasket, and I dont use Forums to tell my mates, I am coming home and who fancies a beer?
I have managed to get back in contact with 99% of all my old mates, which was great after my divorce by using Facebook. I agree it should never be used as a business tool.
If some one writes C*ap all the time on Facebook, its easy...... Delete.com them.... problem solved.....
Back to top Go down
http://global-adventures.webs.com/
Sponsored content

face book,, Empty
PostSubject: Re: face book,,   face book,, Empty

Back to top Go down

face book,,
Page 1 of 1