4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Plates and bowls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 3:58 am

Yep, simple enough, plates and bowls.
To eat off.
Melamine, plastic, enamel, steel - any preferences?
Do you have the mug the same or different?
I tend to use enamel ones but over the years I've chopped and changed and I've ended up with a bit of a hotch potch of stuff.
Back to top Go down
MrLeadfoot
Cleaner
Cleaner
MrLeadfoot

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:17 am

onlyMark wrote:
Yep, simple enough, plates and bowls.
To eat off.
Melamine, plastic, enamel, steel - any preferences?
Do you have the mug the same or different?
I tend to use enamel ones but over the years I've chopped and changed and I've ended up with a bit of a hotch potch of stuff.
I,v had them all, the mug i,v had for 20+ years is a coleman double wall type, steel/aly plates get cold, plastic cuts & shows it,s age early, so melamine comes tops but is still not that good, so take melamine & a plate from home.
Back to top Go down
https://gs136.photobucket.com/groups/q176/P3MU9QIL52/
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 am

I think mugs are a bit of a personal thing. Once you get a good one you tend to hang on to it. A bit different to interchangeable plates and bowls I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 am

Plastic and cardboard plates, steel Spork and knife, plastic drinking cups and a foot long mead horn.
Got a fue tea cups, really should get a complete set its all abit random.
Back to top Go down
onlyMark
Cleaner
Cleaner

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 7:22 am

The foot long mead horn is a little known overlanding necessity, I'm sure. I doubt an expedition can be truly successful without one.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 am

Its a must have for any enthusiast, mead, wine, vodka, scotch, even emerceny oil leak device. Smile
Back to top Go down
KarlB
Rookie
Rookie
KarlB

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:09 pm

I use cheap stainless steel plates and bowls. They are light. Can't kill them. Can cook on/in them if necessary. Easy to keep clean. No staining as you can get with plastics such as melamine. I bought mine from the local supermarket. Currentlty using a melamine mug but I think I will go back to enamel.

Cheers
KarlB
Smile
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:01 pm

I like melamine plates & bowls. But I use a proper china mug and real glasses for wine. Had a pair of common old glass tumblers that are still going after 29yrs of camping..........

I find my tea goes cold too quickly in enamel or metal mugs...and the china feels sooooooo much better on the lips
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plates and bowls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plates and bowls   Plates and bowls Empty

Back to top Go down

Plates and bowls
Page 1 of 1