4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger

Go down 
+3
4x4overlander
Tom Mc
Jas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jas
Admin
Jas

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 am

Bought a bush ranger tri folding shovel 12 months ago, works very well, folds up easily in to a small case, made out of steel, strong light weight and cheap - £22 ebay. Despite its small size i have used it on mud and snow and it shovels very well, v shaped tip with one side serated steel for hacking at hard mud/cley ice etc. Highley reccomended!

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger Trifol10

Anyone else got one?

Jas
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Never get stuck. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 am

Tom Mc wrote:

Then either (a) you are not trying hard enough, (b) you have never been anywhere (c) there is a strange odour about

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
4x4overlander
Just got AT's
Just got AT's

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:07 am

The tri fold shovel is a great tool kept alongside the toilet roll, matches and sanatising gel, ready to go for a dump.

For a recovery shovel I prefer a proper recovery shovel rather then a tri fold spoon

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger IMG_8914

The recovery shovel we bought in Australia but do not know the brand. Much easier to dig a vehicle out with that then the toy tri fold recovery shovel.

We now stock the Bush Ranger Recovery Shovel

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger Diggarshovel

Much more useful then toys tongue

Brendan
Back to top Go down
http://www.4x4overlander.com
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 am

As it happens that does look the part, but when it comes to 'propper digging' you can't beat a chunkle!
Back to top Go down
jacket
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Nice post... Thank for you share.

Vietnam tours - Vietnam travel

Last edited by jacket on Sat May 26, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Tom Mc wrote:

You mean like this,

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger Landyr10

clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySat May 19, 2012 12:28 am

That looks like a shovel with a diesel engine attached job. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:22 am

The ice was 'deceptive' that day - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:26 am

Ice, Ice baby. getting nowhere fast lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:50 am

A greak lump of ice smashed my headlight glass that day as I plunged into the 'deceptive' pools. Mind you, it could have been even worse as one piece wedged itself in between the horizontal radiator grille and ended up virtually touching the radiator itself. One more inch and I would have been walking home!
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Those folding shovels are great for emergency toilet stops but like said above not great for some exuberant vehicle digging out, well not if you love the skin on your knuckles that is.

I prefer my hands to be a bit further from the business end of the digging implement (like stood 10 yards back watching the wife doing the digging) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:29 am

Like I've said before, you can't beat a chunkel for digging/scooping. Extensively used in Asia, swung over one's head a chunkel is a kind of hoe (only much stronger) with a large scoop set at the base of a long handle. It's awesome, especially when the ground is hard or compact. Certainly beats digging down with your foot like a shovel, a lot less tiring when it's hot, humid ... or both!

Whilst in Spain I bought half a dozen 'hand chunkels' (just smaller scoop blades and shorter handles) in a Chinese supermarket for resale at shows in England, as the ones I found were excellent one piece metal units, something I haven't come across before.

Just Googled 'chunkel digging' and first refenernces were related to WWII POW's digging latrines and ditches whilst captive in Asia. Thought that was significant, obviously where the title is best known.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger   Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger Empty

Back to top Go down

Recovery Shovel by Bush Ranger
Page 1 of 1