4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

New to the forum.

Go down 
+3
Mac
roamingman
Gandalf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gandalf
Rookie
Rookie

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:40 am

Hi all, real name George.
Live in Sturmer, near Haverhill in Suffolk.

I have 2 93 Disco's. One which is Black and my daily driver and the other, which is Blue/Grey ( not sure Very Happy ), is actually my wife's, but she hasn't got a licence. Anyway, the Blue one is off the road at the moment.

Needs a new clutch fork, rear body cross member and a bit of other work to be done on it and then it will be the daily driver.

As yet, I haven't got into doing any off roading, either at a pay and play or greenlaning, due to not wanting to take a chance that something may go awry and then we have no vehicle to use.

It is my intention to do some mods on my Disco and then I will have some fun in the mud and maybe some touring.

The more I read forums where people have taken time off to tour, the more it appeals to me and hopefully, I will get to do it.

Cheers,

George

Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:33 am

Hi and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Mac
Just Bought 4x4
Just Bought 4x4
Mac

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Hello George and welcme
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Welcome - Once you get the mud bug you wont be able to stop! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sprayman
Rookie
Rookie

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:58 am

Welcome aboard,enjoy the forum. cheers1
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Rookie
Rookie

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:57 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

Welcome - Once you get the mud bug you wont be able to stop! Laughing

Know what you mean. Been out green laning with a friend, so have had a taste of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 pm

Welcome Gandalf! cheers

Don't worry mate, we'll hold your hand. Bilnd leading the blind? Razz
Back to top Go down
Gandalf
Rookie
Rookie

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Welcome Gandalf! cheers

Don't worry mate, we'll hold your hand. Bilnd leading the blind? Razz

Looking at your history Tom, you def aren't blind Laughing

I am really more interested in doing the overland type of trip than green laning which, seems to becoming more difficult to do, looking at all the closures and proposed closures of lanes going on.

I see that Chapelgate in the Peak District is now under threat of closure, according to a post on Suffolk Land Rover Owners Club.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 3:14 pm

You're not far wrong with the greenlanes. Not usually pessimistic but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time. If you have motorised transport these days you're regarded as scum. Plenty of space in Africa and suchlike, make the best of it before that too gets shut down. Sad
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
You're not far wrong with the greenlanes. Not usually pessimistic but I'm afraid it's only a matter of time. If you have motorised transport these days you're regarded as scum. Plenty of space in Africa and suchlike, make the best of it before that too gets shut down. Sad
your quite right tom,,i used to lane in my series 1 in north wales 25+years ago you never met anybody only the odd farmer,,,,, GB is Fxxxed now same as everything else in the country, censored , getting nowhere fast ,,, computer-22 ,,

get travling,,theres plenty to see in africa,,, Cool Cool Cool ,
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Sponsored content

New to the forum. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the forum.   New to the forum. Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the forum.
Page 1 of 1