4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? Empty
PostSubject: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 3:33 am

During our last trip (April/May) we had a minor traffic accident - broken mirror, dented wing, no injuries. The damage was to the other, Moroccan, car, not us. He wandered out of his lane while we were overtaking. I filled out an accident report at the scene, gave the other driver a copy and tried to contact my insurer. This is CAT, who sell insurance through a broker at Tangier Med port.

Despite 3 e-mails, 3 phone calls (all to an ansaphone at head office in Casablanca), a conversation with the lady at CAT Assistance who just advised another call to the head office, a fax of all the details and a follow-up letter, I've heard nothing.

The incident was 3 weeks ago...how long should we expect to wait before we get a response of any kind? Anyone got any experience of this?

Obviously, I want to clear this up before we go again. I can do without (more) hassle at the port, even though I can prove that I've done all I can to resolve the issue.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptyTue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Frustrating for sure, guess you'll have to keep forwarding your original email adding ... please confirm receipt of this email ... until some pen-pusher replies.
Back to top Go down
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 5:15 am

Yeah, every communication so far has had that added as a PS.

Surely someone has had a bash in Morocco, had Moroccan insurance and reads this Forum? Help!
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptySun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm

To be honest I never had any expectation anything useful would come out of Moroccan insurers. I see it as a tourist tax really. I just keep a file of all of our documents from each trip for the next return in case someone asks to see some specific paperwork. So I would keep contacting and copies of everything but that is about as far as you will likely get sadly.
Back to top Go down
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 6:12 am

Yes, I'll keep pushing. Maybe things will spark up after Ramadan...?
Back to top Go down
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? EmptySat Aug 04, 2018 5:20 am

As of today, no response.

As Tembo suggests, perhaps buying insurance at Tangier Med is a waste of time and money? Would be interesting to see what the outcome would've been if someone had been hurt...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?   How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I wake up my Moroccan insurer?
Page 1 of 1