4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hellllooo...(echo)...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

Hellllooo...(echo)... Empty
PostSubject: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Anyone left standing on here? I haven't been here for a couple of months, so popped in to see if anyone had been feeling chatty.

Jess and I were considering Algeria, but while open and pretty safe these days, far to many restrictions on where you can go even with expensive guide services. I had an offer to go with group to Tunisia but it was in the spring and we are already booked up with work travel. Morocco is still a fun and easy trip and I do want to go back and spend more time mastering dune sea crossings. So, maybe...

Or might just do some shorter runs to see more of Scotland, the west coast of Ireland and maybe Wales.

Will see what develops...
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptySun Mar 04, 2018 11:28 pm

Hi James I keep poping in every 2-3 days, not many people posting at all, I think they're useing F B or Twater mybe some other internet chat site, I do not do any of the above.
Nice to hear you are making plan, we are without a L R also no moterhome.
Still have the Discovery 1 in avatar, but it is undergoing surgey
If you do manage to come to Scotland we are just off the A90 Dundee to Aberdeen duel carigeway, 1 mile past Stacathroe services going North, always have the kettle on.

Would also like to go back to Morocco some day.  clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 5:27 am

...heard the echo, still upright.

All set for another Morocco trip, leaving Plymouth 8 April. Itinerary not fixed but probably east along the coast since we've not seen that yet, south through the cedars and across the Rekkam plateau, across to Anti-Atlas to explore Gandini's route book, down to Smara then whatever pistes we can link together to get to the Mauritanian border. AMAP off-road and wild camping. This'll be the 3rd trip - we love the place.

Yellow 110. Solo.

Oh, and we can offer tea as well if you're passing on your Scottish trip - we're halfway along the Moray coast between Aberdeen and Inverness.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Sounds like a good plan. I always enjoy the Rekkam. We usually setoff from the old foreign legion ruins at Mahirija, south of Guercif. From here there this is s little track that zig zags it's way up the escarpment onto the plateau. Then on a bearing southeast for a couple of days to Chott Tigri. Probably my favourite part of Morocco.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptySun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 pm

And if you are ever passing Althorp outside Northampton, same offer.
Back to top Go down
ogb
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... EmptyMon Mar 12, 2018 2:31 am

Tembo wrote:
From here there this is s little track that zig zags it's way up the escarpment onto the plateau.
We know the track. We met a couple of locals coming down it who expressed surprise that we were going up it "so late in the day". Not wild campers, obviously.

...and thanks for the offer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellllooo...(echo)...   Hellllooo...(echo)... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hellllooo...(echo)...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Main Chat Forum-
Jump to: