4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkyspice
Rookie
Rookie

Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   Empty
PostSubject: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 5:01 am

We have a pretty reliable Discovery3 (I know, I'm tempting after by saying that), and we're intending to go to Morocco later in the year.
Having read stuff on various forums, I got pointed to this one and have already picked up a couple of great bits of advice.

I look forward to pilfering your minds for more info as plans start to take shape!

Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyWed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Hello, welcome to the forum! cheers

One of the guys on here had a Disco 3 for a few years, did a lot of miles in it too. Doubtless he'll give you a few useful tips.

Ought to mention in case you were unaware, the Adventure Overland Show at Stratford-upon-Avon Racecourse 23-24 September 2017. Don't know where you're based or when you intend departing to Morocco, but you'll pick up a lot of info at the show for sure, so well worth considering.

The seminars for instance are always popular - www.adventureoverlandshow.net/seminars
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 7:57 pm

Happy to answer any questions you might have. A group of friends and I have done Morocco three times since 2012, the last time being October 2016. I drive an '86 110, but we have had a Disco on the trip once with no issues.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 11:59 pm

That 110 of yours Tembo could easily be mistaken for an SAS vehicle, no wonder the boder guards made you repaint it one year. White with a hint of pink, a new line for Dulux?

Always wondered, was it emulsion? If so it would have washed off anyway with a shower of rain!
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 12:05 am

It was cheap emulsion paint..and was starting to fade by the time we left Morocco. Not enough rain in the desert to wash it away I guess. But did help when I got pulled over by a curious customs officer getting off the ferry back in Portsmouth. He thought it looked suspicious and when I told him the story he had a good laugh and sent me on my way...reminding me to change my V5 or repaint soon!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 am

Jobsworth, albeit a smiling jobsworth. Got a photo for us?
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 am

Tembo in crappy emulsion pink...

Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   Pink_t10
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyWed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am

I thank you. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 12:03 am

Hi and welcome clinking teacups
It was me and SWMBO who had the D3 for 5 years, if you look at my website below you can see some of the things we got up too,
If you like you can send me a pm for any questions
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...    Hi!  Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...   Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi! Planning a Morocco expedition with my family...
Page 1 of 1