4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Technical question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Technical question Empty
PostSubject: Technical question   Technical question EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 am

A mate of mine from Fourby is building a buggy for a disabled lad. On Facebook he's asked a question about steering, anybody know the answer?

https://www.facebook.com/Fourby-builds-Jakes-Off-Roader-1515078542154001/

Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Technical question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical question   Technical question EmptyThu Feb 11, 2016 2:25 pm

What's the question?
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Technical question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical question   Technical question EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:53 pm

Assassin wrote:
What's the question?

It was a question posted on 2nd February - https://www.facebook.com/Fourby-builds-Jakes-Off-Roader-1515078542154001 - so you have to scroll down to see the question and the short video that went with it.

Maths guru required.... So I'm trying to work out the steering stop, I need to limit the rotation of the steering shaft to 270 deg. So I'll make a small collar to fit the shaft with a limiting tab and a pin, but how do I take into account the width of the limiting pin to give me my true 270 degree of rotation???? Anyone??

On the 3rd February he posted:-

So this is the collar that will act as the steering stop. It is designed to give a max of 270° rotation of the steering wheel, I managed to crash the machine on the first attempt... so there's about 10 hours tied up in this part!

Think he's sorted now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Technical question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Technical question   Technical question Empty

Back to top Go down

Technical question
Page 1 of 1