4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Why Do You Like Off Roading

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Why Do You Like Off Roading Empty
PostSubject: Why Do You Like Off Roading   Why Do You Like Off Roading EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:46 am

A fairly simple question but one I suspect has many answers, for me its because I drive every day to tight deadlines in business mode where the brain never stops and I cover huge mileages and have to suffer all the knobs who think their journey is more important then yours and the brainless (usually Audi) drivers (they cannot afford a Merc or Beemer) who think they are exempt from all rules.

Off roading is therapeutic and de-stressing for me and a maximum speed of 5MPH is lovely, you see the countryside instead of it being a blur, and you get the solitude apart from occasionally twatting the odd gobby rambler (now that does release lots of stress) when they think they own the route you're driving. For me its a chance to push the envelope of my engineering skills and strive to improve a vehicle further or strive to perfect a system I have designed and built and share it with like minded individuals FOR FREE.
Its a chance to meet friends old and new and to allow potential newbies to our pastime by allowing them to come along, its the chance to cook and eat in the wild as outdoor cooked and eaten food always tastes better.
Back to top Go down
Gold Rig
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Gold Rig

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Like Off Roading   Why Do You Like Off Roading EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Living in Australia, I can tell you that the best parts of our country are only accessible by 4x4. It gets you out of the hustle and bustle of the cities and into the quiet of the bush. Sometimes when we are out bush we go for days or weeks without seeing another person. And the beauty of our outback can't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Terranosaurus
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Like Off Roading   Why Do You Like Off Roading EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 12:29 am

I had a requirement with my work to get to some pretty inaccessible places.
Now it's for leisure and the antithesis to motorway driving.
Back to top Go down
diesel_jim
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
diesel_jim

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Like Off Roading   Why Do You Like Off Roading EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Same as above really, I like to just get away and bimble around. Sometimes (especially out on Salisbury plain where I frequent a lot) I'll just park up with a brew and some off road based magazine or www printout and read it then amble back.

On the plain I do a lot of shiny thing spotting too.... being a magpie I make it my principle to come home with "something" I've found Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do You Like Off Roading   Why Do You Like Off Roading Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Do You Like Off Roading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: Main Chat Forum-
Jump to: