4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

110 hi capacity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mudplugging
Cleaner
Cleaner

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 am

Thinking of doing a new project thinking a 110 defende hi cap may be the way forward anything about
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 8:33 am

The phrase "hen's teeth" springs to mind! A lot get sold word of mouth before they ever hit the usual outlets, they are much sought after.
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 4:32 pm

I probably would have chosen a Hi cap as a base vehicle in building Tembo if I hadn't been in Canada at the time where any Defender is a rare site. Finding one in good shape seems to be the challenge as most were hard-worked farm vehicles or modified for commercial use. I guess it also depends on what you want to use it for. If you want to do more Morocco-style trips, I would say avoid using the extra space to pile on weight. On the last trip we often wondered how your current rig would have dealt with some of the terrain. If it is more a comfortable but capable camping rig then go to town.

Let us all know how the concept progresses...
Back to top Go down
marjal
Gate Opener
Gate Opener

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 2:04 am

Mudplugging wrote:
Thinking of doing a new project thinking a 110 defende hi cap may be the way forward anything about
Hiya I
Have you drifted away from the roof lift hence a new project ?, we went up to Custom Campers near Bielefeld in Germany with a roof lift in mind, anything up to six weeks for the fit out and roof lift don't fit in with us, so were still looking for ideas.
No2 Oz tent next to the Land Rover and hop back inside on the nights when the camping area's a bit iffey has always worked for us in the past.
We've realised a long time ago there's no right and wrong way with Land Rover Traveling just different, what suits one is rubbish for others.

Back to top Go down
Mudplugging
Cleaner
Cleaner

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:10 am

Hi Pete have bought a motor home pod that fits a 110 hi cap but still want a pop up for the. White one that I will kept for overloading could not find one that does both so see whats best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

110 hi capacity Empty
PostSubject: Re: 110 hi capacity   110 hi capacity Empty

Back to top Go down

110 hi capacity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: WANTED: Private advertisements only-
Jump to: