HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Traveling trough israel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead2travel
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Traveling trough israel   Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi all,

My Girlfriend and I are planning a trip from Dubai to Durban . We want to go up through Europe and down the west cost of Africa. Has anybody travelled through Israel and know if the border stamps your carnet. I know they don't stamp your passport but an Israely stamp on your carnet could create major issues when entering other countries.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Hi and welcome, clinking teacups

I hope you have a great trip, sorry can not answer your questions, am sure some one will come along
to help.

http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:15 am

Likewise ... welcome! cheers

Articulating
Articulating

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:49 pm

Would be interested to hear what route plan would take you from Dubai, through Europe and then down East Africa and how you would reach Israel. Up through Iran and Turkey?

As to Israel, the only safe way in at the moment would be through Saudi, then Jordan and across into Israel. Assuming you can get visas and permissions, once in though you are pretty much at a dead end. North leads into Lebanon but you cannot get out through Syria (war). West, is the Sinai which is in a state of war and the borders mostly closed. East is Iraq and straight into ISIL territory, and south only leads back to Saudi. Israel does stamp passports now, where they used to only put in a slip of paper, so imagine if you got there your carnet would get stamped as well.

I have always wanted to go down through Turkey, across Syria and see the crusader castles, Jordan and Petra....but damn inconvenient all these wars at the moment!

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Hi Tembo,

Thanks for all the info, to give you an idea on the route want we are trying to achieve, I will be leaving from Dubai up through Saudi. Amanda will then fly to Jordan where I will collect her. Then into Israel . We have been given permission to put our car on a cargo ship from Israel to Cyprus. Then ferry from cyprus to turkey. From there pretty standard until Spain across to morocco . Down the we west coast of Africa until Gabon Angola across small section of the DRC into Rwanda Uganda Kenya Tanzania mozam until reaching home in Durban . Then car onto row row back to Dubai to work.

So my biggest issue right now is resolving the Israel issue. The stamps create a major issue I'm told .

Chris
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:13 am

Sounds very cool! And ambitious! I am in Jordan at the moment, so will ask around about any issues crossing from here into Israel with stamps/carnets.

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Hope that you had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling trough israel   

Back to top Go down

Traveling trough israel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1