4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scott.l.
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
scott.l.

GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 Empty
PostSubject: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Since I am a 'jock' living in good old Naarfoolkkk, some of my friends asked me to put a trip together to Scotland. Most of them have never been across the 'border', so were fascinated by the Loch Ness Monster and the seasonal Haggis bashing events.
Therfore a group of us (Norfolk Overland Explorers) will be heading up to Scotland and all the way to Cape Wrath in July 2015. Yes, I have warned them about the dreaded scottish midgies! Very Happy
Our route will take us over to Mull, then up Loch Ness, Ullapool, Cape Wrath, then back down to Inverness, Aviemore then home.
Some of our group are new to this Overlanding lark, so this trip is to familiarize them with a Overland trip lasting more than a long weekend. Some of our campsites will be lacking with 'facilities', so 'self sufficient' is being 'dicussed'. Smile hehehehe
Most of the trip will be on tarmac, however I have found a contact who is going to lead us into the vast Scottish Wilderness for 1 day of offroading.

If this trip is a success then hopefully the NOE gang wil be ready for a big Overseas adventure in the future..... cheers1

Scott and the GA Team
Back to top Go down
http://global-adventures.webs.com/
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:37 am

We live in the east not far from Banff, might meet up and join you if that would be. Ok
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 8:40 am

scott.l. wrote:

If this trip is a success then hopefully the NOE gang wil be ready for a big Overseas adventure in the future.....  cheers1

What, the Isle of Wight? tongue

And before anyone says the IOW's not overseas, you try walking there!!!
Back to top Go down
scott.l.
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
scott.l.

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Romaning man sent you a PM..... Very Happy

Tom, im hoping NOE's will venture a little further!!! affraid Very Happy
We are having a long weekend trip to Belgium before Scotland so those who have never put a wheel over the other side of the pond can get use to overseas driving. (and we just want to check out Belgium beer and chocolates again! )
My hope is once NOE's see that Eurotunnel is simple and driving on the 'wrong side' is not that bad, and also after doing 2500 miles around Scotland, then they will be ready to point the compass south and head off to distant shores.
If they end up just exploring the Norfolk Wilderness then nothing I can do, but at least I tried..!! lol!

Scott.
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:10 pm

We are off to Morocco in April, back in May, maybe next year if all goes well your club could do a trip there in 2016/17, great
place to go to, read about our trip there in 2013 with James John and Garry and watch the vidio.
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
scott.l.
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
scott.l.

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Yep, been to Morocco twice with Trailmasters, and I hope to get the NOE gang there one day. 2016 will be a busy year for me as I am already booked to go on a self drive safari in Botswana with my kids and girlfriend with Bushlore 4x4.
Will see how 2015 goes with the NOE's and if all goes ok, then will see where they want to go next.
Im looking at ideas, but since we are a group of families then the trips have to work in with School Holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015   GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

GA Team heading to Cape Wrath with Norfolk Overland Explorers 2015
Page 1 of 1