4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Christmas break

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Just wondered if anybody in the south of the country is doing any lanning over the Christmas period ?

I wouldn't mind giving the new Defender a workout and if we get the weather we keep getting promised (snow) could be a lot of fun !

As I've got people staying here and there over the holiday period I could probably only get out for a day so in reality I'm looking for something in the area just north of Birmingham to maybe south of Portsmouth,
Well east or west really south would be in the Solent.

Worst case what about a forum meet up for maybe a pub lunch and a Christmas get together ?
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:04 am

If you were coming north we would be up for a meet, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:42 am

Sorry Kevin with visitors and work commitments I don't think I will have enough time for a trip that far north around Christmas time, but we will have to have a get together before our April trip
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:46 am

Meeting up with the crew from Land Rover Campers New Year's Eve at a nice boozer in Derbyshire - www.bulliththorn.com - you are welcome to join us Gary.
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Thanks for the invite Tom but I hate New Year's Eve the fact that pubs charge to get in etc so I've volunteered to baby sit a group of women from the W.I. For the night.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 4:36 am

Very gracious of you mate, obviously your good deed for the year. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 9:13 pm

Tom Mc wrote:
Very gracious of you mate, obviously your good deed for the year. thumbsup

Nah I have to look after the basket makers and yogurt knitters twice a week, just drawn the short straw for the new year festivities but I suppose as I finish on December the 12th till January the 6th (with the exception of new year) I can't complain its a dream job literally they pay me to sleep for six hours lol
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:51 pm

wideformat4x4 wrote:
Sorry Kevin with visitors and work commitments I don't think I will have enough time for a trip that far north around Christmas time, but we will have to have a get together before our April trip

that would be good, problem we have is exspensive to come down just for a day, trying hard to see if we can make the meet in January, other option woul be to leave a few days earlier than the trip and have a meet then? clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:08 am

roamingman wrote:
wideformat4x4 wrote:

that would be good, problem we have is exspensive to come down just for a day, trying hard to see if we can make the meet in January, other option woul be to leave a few days earlier than the trip and have a meet then? clinking teacups

I will be in France from around the 11th of March at Forest View campsite south of Normandy if you fancy a day there on your trip south
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 3:22 am

Where abouts in Normandy, us and Ian/Jackie gettng ferry Dover Dunkirk, on the 25/03/15, will have a chat with them, to see if we are going that way, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 6:59 am

The campsite is on the D38 between Dorcau and Remalade.

www.forestviewfrance.co.uk

It doesn't officially open until the 1st of April but I'm sure we can find a place for you !
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Garry
Had a word with Ian and we will call in we are getting the ferry dover dunckirk, early morning, ariving Dunkirk approx 9am, so should be with you lunch time, am I right in thinking about 2 and half to 3 hours,

regards Kevin
Back to top Go down
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi Kevin
I would expect from Dunkirk it would be about 5 hours at land rover speeds.

I will let Peter know and book you a couple of spaces, is that the 25th or 26th ?
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:25 am

Ok fine, that will be 25/03/15, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:52 am

Not too far from me Tom, the next pub along does helicopter flights which are good fun.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:37 am

Assassin wrote:
Not too far from me Tom, the next pub along does helicopter flights which are good fun.
Not in the middle of a snow storm they're not! affraid

Doubt if we'll get snow New Year's Eve, but around Buxton you never know. Even a light dusting would be nice. Lovely part of the world mate, lucky ol' you. Pop along for a pint or three?
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:38 pm

Don't drink Tom, I thought you bagged my share of the booze, nice to meet up though if possible.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 9:42 am

It's not your fault mate! Razz

I bet a nice cuppa would go down well though?
Back to top Go down
Assassin
Terrain Expert
Terrain Expert

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Decent coffee never has trouble going down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas break Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas break   Christmas break Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas break
Page 1 of 1