4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Tembo In Lake District

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

Tembo In Lake District Empty
PostSubject: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Just back from a three day run through Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. November was actually a great month to be there as there were no caravans and few tourists. Enjoyed the last of the autumn colours and the bleak ruggedness of the Yorkshire Dales. Was also a bit of a test run for Tembo ahead of NE Morocco again in April.

Tembo In Lake District Small_11

Tembo In Lake District Small_12

Tembo In Lake District Small_13
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:16 pm

Thats looks like you had a good time, it seems when ever we go to the lake district it allways rains, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Tembo's looking good James.

Seems you a lot further along the preparation route than I am with the 110.

Sadly I no longer own a Discovery (miss the comfort and quietness to be honest) but the Defender is slowly getting there nearly finished water proofing and insulating the tub next storage, kitchen then a bit of carpet just to make it a bit more hospitable for the Mem sabre.

Looking forward to the trip in April hopefully I will get a couple of shakedown trips in before our meeting in the new year.
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 5:15 am

Wot ... no rain?!!! Can't be the Lake District. Where's the finger-wagging smiley when you need it?

Agree chaps, Tembo's looking the part with it's new(ish) bikini top type thingy. Nice set up James, don't see many set-ups like yours ... if any in fact! You're unique mate!  clapping
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 10:20 pm

Actually, we had no rain during our whole stay. Came down in buckets on the way home, but only after leaving the Yorkshire Dales.

And thanks Tom, I am always going for 'unique.' I enjoy driving past other Land Rovers and the guys doing a double take and trying to figure out if it is a modified 109, a 110 hybrid...or...?

It does get a few looks and also figured prominently during the latest Stony Stratford zombie walk when a group of well juiced zombies congregated around the pull out rear bar feature. Seems to be a lot of zombies interested in old land rovers apparently! Naturally I went as an Indiana Jones zombie and the wife as a zombie Minny Mouse.

Tembo In Lake District Tembo_10
Back to top Go down
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master
roamingman

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyTue Nov 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Great photo, clinking teacups
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
wideformat4x4
Terrain Adept
Terrain Adept
wideformat4x4

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 10:56 am

Just noticed from the pictures James Tembo is now sporting 2 spares, is this to avoid the tyre changing activity that took 4 of us all afternoon and cost you 2 inner tubes ?
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 8:29 pm

Yep, two spares. Partly because when I bought Tembo it came with seven new tires and only one had worn down enough to get rid of, but also because several times in Africa I blew two tires in a day. So just feel more comfortable.

Actually I changed all six tires to the new rims by hand. I bought a set of tyre bars and spent an hour changing the first one. By number six I was down to about 15 minutes. It is really all about technique...none of which we had last year!
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 pm

A zombie Minnie Mouse ... who came up with that? I've heard everything now. Somebody's got a fertile imagination!
Back to top Go down
Tembo
Articulating
Articulating
Tembo

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 1:20 am

Well, the annual zombie walk can get up to 6000 people dressed as zombies...all in a fairly small town high street. You get people taking every sort of character and turning it into a zombie...airline flight crew, movie characters, soldiers, police, TV characters, brides and grooms...in fact apparently some couple scheduled a wedding reception for that night and the whole area was covered in zombies. Probably weren't to happy with the photo backgrounds!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tembo In Lake District   Tembo In Lake District Empty

Back to top Go down

Tembo In Lake District
Page 1 of 1