4x4 Overland Travel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Hi from North Yorkshire

Go down 
+2
Jas
Chris S
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

Hi from North Yorkshire Empty
PostSubject: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 am

Hi guys,

I'm Chris, currently drive a fairly standardish 300 TDI 90 but have had various Discoveries, a Jimny, A Patrol, A 62 series Landcruiser and a 130 defender in the past.

We've had a couple of trips around British Columbia and Alberta (using Hire car), A trip to the Alps (mainly France but briefly Italy) and this last summer we did a 6000 mile trip to Nordkapp and back in a fortnight in the 90. Spent a fair bit of time in Scotland but still exploring Very Happy

Hopefully in the future we'll ship the 90 across to Canada and spend time driving across from the East into BC again and up into Canada.

Still finding my way round the forum but it's looking good and recognise a few names form elsewhere too cheers1
Back to top Go down
http://www.theoverlander.org
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:20 am

Welcome!

Overland in Canada sounds great, its somewhere i would love to go especialy in my own truck.

Jas
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks for the welcome Jas,

Canada was great and both times reasonably low budget -al lwe did each time was book flights, car hire and some insurance and took minimum kit with us, bought cheap tent, sleeping bags and mats when we landed and then camped every night. The first time we started ay Vancouver and looped round finishing back at Vancouver, the second time (when we managed to blag an upgrade to a full size 4x4 from an economy compact - 6 month old ford explorer cheers ) we landed in Vancouver and flew back from Calgary.
Back to top Go down
Jas
Admin
Jas

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:36 am

Excelent!

A old friend of mine now lives out in canada and he reguarly sends back lots of pics. Great views, and trails and great pike fishing not to mention the snow. Im new to the overland scene and i think uk-canada will be abit overkill for my first trip. But its definatly one i look foreward to doing.

You mentioned your 90 is fairly standard, what overland mods have you done to it?

Jas
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 6:30 am

Terracan Jas wrote:

You mentioned your 90 is fairly standard, what overland mods have you done to it?

Jas

Other than replacing worn parts with new, very little. There's a false floor in the rear so that there is a complete flat surface tthe full area of the rear for easier packing and this has storage underneath down both sides for things, a big area underneath at the front for tools/spares etc and room for the two big boxes we use most so we can get them without pulling other stuff out. Fitted a RAW components split charge and leisure battery mainly for the Fridge (Waeco WF40) but otherwise that's it I think Very Happy

I'm a firm believer in K.I.S (Keep it Simple)
Back to top Go down
tuggy
Just Got Spot Lights
Just Got Spot Lights
tuggy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 am

Hi chris,,,,,funny how we find ourselfs on other sites isnt it,,,,,,,,,,, cuddles
Back to top Go down
http://kevcardno.wix.com/tugs-4x4
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:36 am

tuggy wrote:
Hi chris,,,,,funny how we find ourselfs on other sites isnt it,,,,,,,,,,, cuddles

Despite what people think - It's a small world isn't it cheers1
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm

so it is Wink
Back to top Go down
Vixen
Just got M&S Tyres
Just got M&S Tyres
Vixen

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:45 pm

G'day Chris and welcome. If you should ever feel so inclined, I'd love to see a write up on your recent rip (with lots of piccies) cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm

I'll try and get it on here shortly - not right good with computering Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 am

Welcome Chris! Made it then after a hiccup with registration?

Believe me I'm not much better with "computering", so have a look at my idiot's guide to posting photos within the How to register, post photos, rules & regs, do’s & don’ts, etc. section. Once you get into it, it's really quite easy.
Back to top Go down
Chris S
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
Chris S

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:03 am

Yep, got in eventually Very Happy

I'll probably cheat a bit and copy and past as much of the trip report as I can from where I've posted it before - hardest bit will be putting the right photos in the right place computer-22
Back to top Go down
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder
Tom Mc

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:18 am

I would suggest laying it out in a simple Word file first (that way if you muck it up, you still have the original), then cut & paste the lot and drop it into your NEW TOPIC post, click preview. You can then make amendments as you want, clicking on preview whenever required.

Nothing more annoying than typing out a load of text in a post, then press the wrong button and it all disappears. angry
Back to top Go down
RLD
Just got AT's
Just got AT's
RLD

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 am

i away press he wrong button and lose it computer-22
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from North Yorkshire   Hi from North Yorkshire Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from North Yorkshire
Page 1 of 1