HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
*Welcome to 4x4 Overland Travel! The Community Resource for 4x4's, Overland Travel, Touring, Green Laning & All kinds of Expedition Vehicles! Guests, "Register" for FREE and join our Community*
Bought a Product or Accessories recently? - Got something to say about it? - Leave a Review in the "Review" section.

Share | 

Hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
andrew73gj01
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Hello   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:15 am

Hello, just joined to get inspired.
I'm preparing my Landrover 101 for overseas travel.
Had planned a short trip to Morocco as a taster for Africa but having read several amazing books on far Eastern adventures I'm thinking of going to Nepal or Mongolia.
I change my mind after every book read!
Looking forward to reading all your travel experiences Very Happy

Andrew
Back to top Go down
http://afbrown.com
roamingman
Terrain Master
Terrain Master

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:18 am

Hi andd welcome, clinking teacups

plenty of trip reports on here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://teddybearspicnic.webs.com/
Tom Mc
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:37 am

Hi Andrew- welcome! cheers

"I change my mind after every book read!" That often happens. There are so many wonderful places to visit and adventures to be had, this is inevitable.

Keep us posted on progress with the 101, a lot of interest here with the Forward Control.

Articulating
Articulating

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome!
I would certainly recommend Morocco as a starter trip. It can be as adventurous or just scenic as you choose. Mechanics and parts available in most towns if you have a problem.

If you want to go alone fine but when I joined this site three years ago I just posted in the "Proposed Trips" section that I wanted to do a trip to Morocco and if anyone was interested and ended up meeting some great people and we did a trip last year. Had such a good time we are going back next April.

Mongolia is one my list as well...but that would be a much bigger investment in time, planning and money.

Either way, welcome and as mentioned...let us know how you eventually get your 101 set up!

James

Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:00 am

101 has been used as a work truck / camper for the last 12 years (lived in it for 2 Very Happy )
Having had several duff 2nd hand engines I rebuilt one myself, got a bit carried away & did a gearbox too, now a couple of axles, new springs & various other projects on the go.
Might as well make it as good as it can be before I go, minimise mechanical paranoia!
Visited Iceland 14 years ago, would love to go back but feel something new and challenging should come first!
Back to top Go down
http://afbrown.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello   

Back to top Go down

Hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
4x4 Overland Travel :: New to the forum? Then this is the section to say hello!-
Jump to: